Chapter 2 - The deal

It had been 24 hours since she had promised her aunt that she would pay off Brij veer ji's debt. 24 hours since her friend had told her that she had to pay off a mortgage of 45 Crores to ensure her dad's haveli would be finally hers.

Put together, her freedom, was now set at 50 Crores.

A humourless chuckle escaped her, even if she sold off everything she had worked for, she wouldn't be ever able to amass half that amount.

But that did not mean she'd stop trying. And that definitely did not mean she would give up.

Geet Handa never gave up.

Biting her lip, she tugged at her suit, running her fingers over the fabric as she waited in the lobby of VK Designs.

VK Designs were the biggest interior design company in the town, and catered to the elite socialist class of the society. Working with them would mean GH Interiors would be put on the map as one of the most prestigious interior design firms.

Collaborating with VK Designs would mean her company could get access to the high profile clientele which would put them in the spotlight of the industry.

Even as Geet's heart raced against her chest, she knew that this meeting was the answer to some of her troubles and the key to her dreams - personally and professionally.

And she was ready for this.

****
Geet smiled at the leadership team, as she confidently finished her presentation.

Their faces told her that they were impressed, and Geet gave herself a mental pat on her shoulders

Well done, Geet!

" Impressive, Miss. Handa" said Mr. Khanna, the CFO of VK Designs, a thin balding man in his 50s.

"If you could stay back and very briefly show our boss the value proposition GH Interiors could bring to VK Designs, we can make a decision"

"Yes, of course, Mr. Khanna. But I have to tell you, I have a client meeting at 3 today, and I cannot reschedule that. I can definitely wait for upto 30 minutes, but if it's going to take longer.."

"It's not"

She could recognize that rich, deep voice even in her sleep, she didn't even need to turn to the door to see who it belonged to.

Maan Singh Khurana.

Her eyes travelled to the door on their own accord and she shot up from the chair, a wave of warmth spreading all over her as she locked eyes with him.

Those deep dark eyes still held the same magnetic pull as she remembered it to be.

His lips lifted up in a smirk, as he walked towards her, his presence as enigmatic as ever, and the room and the people around her faded into oblivion.

"So" his voice was deep, "we meet again, Miss Handa" he said, extending his hand to her.

In better circumstances this time, her mind snickered at her, and she shut it up.

She looked down at his long fingers, extending her hand to his, grasping it softly, "P-Pleasure, Mr. Khurana" she was so proud her voice had been so steady even as her mind very promptly relayed the incidents of 2 years ago as if it had happened yesterday.

It was the biggest night of Geet's life. Her new company had won the best start up award at the corporate awards night.

The sound of thunderous applause still rang in her ears hours after the event as she sat at the bar, downing a celebratory drink.