〉 Let Them Talk 〈

The suite doors had barely closed when Carmina morphed from a startled doe into a predator -beyond any reason

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

"Hey, hey, calm down. What's gotten into you?"

"You have no idea what you've done!" With trembling hands, she grabbed the nearest vase and hurled it across the room. It shattered with a bang into a thousand pieces. Dae watched in horror as her demeanour shifted abruptly. He knew his reckless stunt might catch her off guard, but he believed they could joke about it later and for now he just rescued an uncomfortable situation. Why wasn't she heeding?

"You think you can just waltz in here and play the hero? You have no clue!"
Beautiful suite - in just a few seconds - became a battleground as Carmina unleashed her fury on anything within her reach.

"Carmina... Carmina, listen to me!" Dae suddenly approached her, trying to grab her hand. A sharp pain shot through his cheek. And she looked at him blankly, no guilt, no remorse. Dae's frustration reached its boiling point. He grabbed her by the arms and shook her violently. "Snap out of it!" he roared. "Look at me!"
Her eyes flickered for a moment, and he seized the opportunity. "I messed up, alright? I'll take the blame! But if we didn't act now, they'd destroy you, rip your reputation to shreds!"

The words lingered for a while, as reality was sinking in slowly. After a few deep breaths, Carmina finally calmed down.
"I... I get it," she murmured, barely audible. "I'm sorry... I just..."

He finally softened his grip. "It's okay. We will manage somehow... together."

"Dae, I need some time to think... to process everything,"

"Alright, but..."

"Alone."

Dae stood there, torn between confusion and concern. 'But Carmina, I-' his words trailed off as she raised a hand, silencing him.

"Just go back to your floor."

"But just for a while... We should stay together. Given the circumstances, it's safer to play it that way." He started to explain his idea, but she cut him off.

"Get the fuck out of here if you want to keep that handsome face of yours."

Dae stepped back, but a mischievous smirk was dancing on his lips. "Do you think I'm handsome?"
He got his answer - a loud thud when the door closed in front of his face.

***

This night wasn't one of the best. The irritation from the previous evening hadn't dissipated yet. "How could he be so reckless..." Between dragging herself out of bed and contemplating whether she should even leave it, Carmina tried to understand how one could be such a fool.
These vacations were meant to whisk her away from the daily turmoil. Yet, chaos clung to her like a burr to a dog's tail. At times, it felt like it even had a name - Daehyun. Just the mention of that devil sent shivers down her spine.
She wasn't ready to face the world outside just yet. A single phone call, and a tray with Mediterranean delights, a mountain of fruits, and her cherished marzipan-infused coffee appeared on her terrace. "A touch of solace in this infernal resort," she muttered, devouring a piece of cheese.