Chapter 44: The Moon

Gentle breeze moves along the wind, the trees sway ever so gracefully. There's no light to be found besides the luminescence of the moon and the stars shine brighter than usual showcasing their brilliant light across the cosmos. Underneath the light in the night sky, there's a rocky cliff with many trees behind this cliff. Beyond the cliff itself, lies an ever expanding forest filled with many giant trees poking out of the ocean's surface. On the rocky cliff stands a 9'4ft man with long white hair, a short boxed white beard, Scarlet eyes, lightskin, baggy black pants and bandages around his arms that extend outward.

  The man puts his hands in his pockets while he looks up at the sky and simply stares at the moon. The moon reflects on his left eye as he feels a sense of calmness from looking at it. The wind makes his hair gently sway in the air, and his eyes soften from the thought of a girl that he once knew. A girl that once saved him from the heat of the desert. The only person in his life that accepted him for who he was. She never questioned him, she was someone...

                  "Who was special to me. I can't believe it...", the man pauses for a moment. He takes a deep breath and continues, "It's been five years, huh? I...I've been keeping count....

  ...

  I've got stories to tell you! I met this little girl who came crashing down from gods know where. It's like she fell from the heavens or...something. She's got white hair like me which is...pretty cool? Anyways, I ended up adopting her and naming her Aurora. I know I know, I could've come up with something better, but I'm not exactly the best when it comes to naming stuff.

She uh..she considers me her father, she told me this roughly a year ago or so. Wren agrees with her and I vividly remember her telling me that I take care of Aurora like if she were my own kin. I was shocked to say the least when she first called me, "Dad." Never thought I'd be one this early, but over the years I've grown attached to her and I can confirm that I do consider her my daughter.

I've taught her how to speak, how to spell words, I taught her how to fight, and I'm still teaching her stuff.

         ...

I met another person, I mentioned her a few moments ago..

   Her name is Wren and we first met at the Arcanum actually, she ended up eating me when she turned into a serpent...

Then when I came to after fighting Zeus, I met her again and she decided to train me. She's the reason I'm able to control my strength now and she's sorta helped me raise Aurora.

Yeah she..

        Without her, I'd probably be in shambles right now, or maybe I might've destroyed the planet by accident..

She...she's something else..

   She's an amazing person, took care of Aurora whenever I was too busy training even though it's not her responsibility.

Wren and I...

  Well...

     We got to know each other on a deeper level. She told me of her past, I told her of mine. She...

She's always been alone from the get go. Her upbringing was here in this forest that expands for miles on end. No parents, no friends, just her and the animals nearby.