Chapter 21

“Carter?!” Miggy shouted when the line abruptly disconnected

"Miggy, what is going on? I panicked. 

"I am not sure. Maybe the earpiece came loose. I noticed no movement from him.”

"How about, Pow?“ 

"They're both unmoving; I don't know." 

"Have they already entered the room?“ 

“Yes,” he answered. Taking an enormous breath, I decided not to freak out just yet. We need to assist them.

I got up and walked to the door, knocking loudly on it despite my body hurting.

“Officer, please get me out of here!” I screamed repeatedly while kicking and punching the metal door, creating a lot of noise. However, it appears that nobody bothers to visit the place. 

"Jam!" Miggy called me suddenly.  

“They're back. They are now leaving the building. Sh*t! They sent me a video.” 

“Of what?!” 

Suddenly, I heard noises from Miggy’s line. 

“Miggy? What on earth is happening?” I screamed, but all I could hear were the noises of devastation and his tiny whimpers.

"What is going on there?” I was screaming this time. I was positive that something unpleasant was occurring at the moment. 

"Ran, Ara!” Miggy yelled, which scared me even more.

I keep calling him until my ears hurt from the static noise coming from the earpiece. 

“Miggy, f*ck! They are being attacked, shit! Shit!” Carter yelled, and I heard it. 

I chose to connect my line to his this time.

"Carter?”

"Jam?" his response was abruptly unclear, seeming bewildered.

"Go help them right away; I'll explain later!“ 

"We're on our way,” he said.

I could still hear Miggy and Ara crying and yelling on the other end of the line, and my worries made me well up in tears.

“Don't touch her! P*tangina kayo!” Miggy yields, and hearing it makes me cry nonstop. It makes me think that Ara is being harmed by whoever is currently attacking them. 

I keep hitting the door, but nobody seems to notice, exactly like before. 

The revelation is shattering my heart. I can't do much to help my friends right now; they're in a difficult situation. Or maybe, in this case, it was me who brought them. I feel completely worthless. 

I yell louder than ever before slamming my body against the door in an attempt to open it. But to my horror, Barry emerged from the outside abruptly. 

“Barry?” 

I look at her, confused. 

“What are you doing here? How—” 

“Saka na tayo magpaliwanagan; Miggy and Ara are in danger; we have to save them,” she said before approaching my cell. 

I watched her every action, observing as she took the key out of her pocket and used it to unlock the door. 

“How'd you know? And where did you get that?” 

“Later, Jam, later,” she murmured as she dragged me out of the room. 

I ignored the hundred questions running through my mind and concentrated on the strangely deserted hallway. 

“Asan ang mga pulis?” 

“I don't know; let's go before they come back,” she said. 

We emerged from the dim lane, and I was still perplexed by the big opening doorway. When I lifted my head to view the CCTV footage, I was startled to discover a large piece of gum covering the screen. 

I glance back toward Barry. 

She did that? 

"This way," she asked, gesturing to our cell. 

As soon as I got inside, I reached for the device under my bed and opened it. 

I opened the video clip that Miggy sent me right away. 

“What was that?” Barry looked at the laptop and asked. 

Carter's breathing is audible in the video that started playing; therefore, I believe it was taken from his phone.

"Sh*t!” we exclaimed when the camera panned to a blood-spattered room, and I cried out. There was blood all over the place, and some items were even upside down in this chaotic area. 

Just as they were ready to fully enter the room, someone dressed in a suit abruptly arrived on camera. Not just one, but six of them. They were wearing a protective outfit that even covered their faces, including gloves. 

Those six individuals were recreating the crime scene. One of them was spilling blood on the floor, and they were the ones who caused the blood to be strewn around. The blood was taken from a cooler, heated, and then distributed equally over the space. One person then pulled out a big white suitcase and opened it. 

When they open it, Jam and I both take a step back. 

When they were finished, he put him on the bloodstained sofa, giving the impression that he had recently passed away. 

"Oh my gosh!” Barry sobbed as she said. 

Right now, the agony is shared by both of us. We are, after all, framed-up. And it's frustrating that this is becoming just business for some folks. Hiding the real culprit and staging a crime scene, setting up innocent individuals as the ones responsible for the crime.