Chapter 22

A group of law enforcement personnel were searching for me, and the lights that were constantly pointed at me were emanating from the helicopter overhead

I began to crawl in a panic. I jumped up and ran as soon as I had the chance.

Now that they were pursuing me, the cops may have seen my movements in addition to the chopper overhead. To at least shield myself from being shot, I sprinted to the side of the alley and accelerated, as some even fired shots. As the chase persisted, I began yelling Carter's name.

"We're on our way, Jam!" they said.

I brush the tears from my eyes and sprint to the beat of my own breathing. I ran even faster when I eventually summoned courage. After turning around several times, I was taken aback to see the expansive dawn emerging from the big buildings in front of me. I was sprinting across from them in this orange prisoner jumpsuit, and there were cars and people on the busy street. I've had people ask me who I am, but now is not the perfect moment to respond.

I turn to face the cops, who are still pursuing me, and point their weapons in the air to indicate that someone is in the way. I was running and glancing at everyone when I saw a man leaning on a motorcycle and making out with a woman. I immediately ran towards them.

I shoved them both and got on his bike without thinking, cranked the engine, and drove off.

"I'm sorry!" I said to the two shocked looks in my direction.

"I'm on a motorcycle! Where are you?!" I screamed to my earpiece.

"Three miles away from you, be careful, Jam," Carter said.

I stepped on the gear and accelerated my speed, ignoring the other cars, even though they were constantly honking their horns when I passed them.

However, a bullet shot to my right arm forced me to lose my hold on the accelerator, which led to my colliding with the car next to me. I leaped out of my car before it underwent a major accident with the truck in front of me. Fortunately, nobody tried to kill me when I rolled across the road; instead, they stopped their car, which caused heavy traffic.

Even though I winced in agony, I got up and kept running. When I looked up, I saw that there were huge billboards and screens all over the commercial buildings. I was surprised to discover that there was a news flash about an inmate breaking out of prison.

All eyes turned to me at once. While some were fearful, others weren't. Some look at me with disapproval, while others are merely shocked.

I held my shoulder, which was now dripping blood, firmly and kept running. Not even those who know who I am have attempted to help the cops. They appear extremely afraid of who they believe me to be. Even yet, they are edging out of my way. But I was still being pursued by the cops, even after a lengthy escape. I was fortunate to be in a packed place, which is why I'm not seeing gunfire.