Chapter 33

"Shit. Shit shit shit shit... when was the last time anyone saw Cheshire?"

Finally it all clicks. And the realization becomes collective.

"Shit."

---

"How could this have happened? AGAIN!"

"Why do you think we actually got an alert this time? After the first incident I made sure to put in a backup alarm system that didn't require Friday to be completely active. That way if she was ever shut down again, we would be alerted within the first five minutes of her being inactive. The elevator mishap was the system rebooting just enough to send out the signal."

Once the elevator finally stopped on the floor to Starks laboratory, we all rushed into the room completely normal except for the computers were all shut down. Tony promptly gets to work while we all hover over his shoulder except for Romanoff who went to Cheshire's floor to look for her and Bruce who was looking around the lab for anything that she may have taken weapons wise.

"How do we even know it was her this time?"

All eyes shift in my direction. The question was obviously moronic. But hey, I've already put away most of my pride for this girl today anyway. Everyone goes back to watching Stark work while Wanda explains as if I actually didn't understand their reason for suspect. In doing so however she goes to ask another question before Banner comes back.

"She didn't take any weapons, but it does look like she raided the med bay. The place is trashed and a bunch of antibiotics, and supplies are missing."

"Evidently someone plans on being gone a while. We should make sure she hasn't left the building yet. Everyone, go in pairs I want this whole place stripped."

"Wait wait, I alerted security on the ground floor. They're on the lookout and as long as she's got those bracelets on, we can track her... umm."

"Um? Um what?"

"So, we've got a problem. She's not in her room. And I checked the whole floor. The only thing I did find were these." Of course, Natasha arrives then with the bloodied silver cuffs and the key in her hands. Tony hangs his head at the sight.

"Great. So, an enhanced fugitive is officially missing. Do we even have any security footage up yet to see if she's left the building or not?"

I can only sit back and hope that she did. And that if so, she was long gone or else she is in for a very rude awakening.

"Okay anddd, got it. Friday! You awake?"

"... System rebooted. Security update, loading."

"Good to have you back Fri. Okay, security footage as of fifteen minutes ago on the main floor elevator. There she is."

Several videos of just moments before Friday was shut down. We all watch as she exits the elevator and heads to the kitchen where she begins raiding the cupboards and filling her bag with protein bars, pop tarts, and my tea.

That furry little witch.

"How did she get that back? I though SHIELD took it?" Steve asks no one and I watch as Tony's eyes shift. He remains quiet as we all continue watching.

After that, we see her go back into the elevator and make her way down here to Starks lab. First, she goes to the back where I suppose the medical bay is located. She rushes around the room grabbing bottles and bags of other medical equipment and medicines and puts them in her bag as well. She comes back to the front then and begins searching around for something else that she doesn't seem to find. She turns around then to Stark's office and blasts it open with her powers, the purple light shooting from her hand. She walks in with ease and after a few moments comes out with a headset on and a laptop.