Prologue

Gazing out of her opulent Bali villa's window, Y/N sees a picture-perfect tropical paradise. Still, the blue ocean and waving palms don't make her happy. With a fake smile on her lips, she is about to share another flawlessly angled shot for her millions of followers. But this time, the emptiness in her eyes is visible through even the filtered light.

Just then, she receives a notice on her phone. It's a sarcastic remark on her most recent travel blog entry, casting doubt on the veracity of her experiences. A surge of insecurity envelops her. Is it only like this? constructing a life to get approval on social media?

In the meantime, Dong Wook is squinting at his computer in his messy apartment in Seoul, on the other side of the world. Before him, lines of code dance, sounding to him like an arrangement of reason. His mind is a tornado of data analysis, and he thrives on solving complex algorithms. For him, however, social connection is a foreign language. He only talks to people while he is delivering takeout.

One evening, a power outage causes Dong Wook's building's internet to go down. He makes the unusual decision to go for a walk in the park, frustrated and restless. There he finds a crew painting a mural for the town. He approaches hesitantly, attracted by their inventiveness, which stands in sharp contrast to his world of ones and zeros. He engages in a dialogue, displaying his social discomfort. He is surprised to find that the group embraces him and is interested in his distinct viewpoint.

Returning to Bali, Y/N erases her photo's partially written caption. The sense of inauthenticity permeates everything. She yearns for a genuine relationship, something that goes beyond the meticulously crafted façade of her virtual self. With a renewed sense of resolve, she makes the decision to step away from social media and explore Bali independently, going beyond the popular tourist attractions.

By coincidence, Y/N ends up at the same Seoul park where Dong Wook used to hang out with the mural group. Their curious gazes collide as they are drawn together by the vivid artwork. A trip that will test both of their perspectives of the world and themselves is about to begin for two individuals who are on opposing ends of the spectrum.