chapter 1

[1

[1.01]

Pictures are just memories frozen in time.

They can capture the happiest of the moments, the saddest, the moments someone's life changed (for better or worse, it's up to you to decide).

Engraved in every pixel is a color from the past, all in which piece together to complete a beautiful puzzle that defies the rules of time.

Daisy Lasso first learned the importance of pictures when she had knocked the frame displayed proudly on the mantle to the floor. She had tried to piece together the broken shards of glass and sliced her finger in the process. Her tears dripped onto the faces of her family that stared up at her from the dark wood. And when her father scooped her 4-year-old frame into his arms, he reassured her it would be fine. That same photo now held a small dent in its corner from where it had tumbled down. Even after the dents, without the pristine frame, it held a certain element of life. Whether it was her father's bright smile, her mother's sweet kiss on his cheek, or the giggling face of her toddler self - Daisy realized a picture was able to capture even the smallest moments in time to turn it into something so dear and nostalgic.

It was then that pictures became so dear to her. They became even more so when it was her controlling what memories to encapsulate. The first photo she had ever taken was on her dad's polaroid camera. She had held the camera as far as her arms could extend and snapped a photo of herself.

The picture that vividly captured the young girl with an infectious, beaming smile that revealed a few missing teeth sat snug in Ted Lasso's wallet. The edges were worn and chipped but the photo itself was as lively as the day it was taken. And the message splayed in messy, almost illegible handwriting that read 'I love you daddy' always brightened the smile on his face, the one she so easily mimicked with her own.

The same smile was etched on her lips as she talked sweetly to the flight attendant. Daisy gratefully accepted the wine shooters and twisted the cap off one after wishing a kind farewell to the stewardess. She offered the second to her father who was seated just beside her to which he quickly waved it off, sending her a grateful smile.

After placing it on her tray, she laid her head on his shoulder and began to read along the book he clutched. Their reading was disrupted when a phone suddenly blocked the pages.

The father and daughter lifted their heads to spot the device's owner, a young blonde with red headphones secured on his neck. "Oi, mate. This you?" He asked, Australian accent accompanied by a smile.

Ted looked between the phone and the boy hovering in the aisle. "I believe it is, yeah." He nodded.

"Oh, man! Legend." He knelt and wrapped an arm around the older man, moving his hand when it accidentally slapped down against Daisy's shoulder. "Can I get an ussie?" Not waiting for an answer, he turned towards his phone and snapped a picture of the two of them. "That's dope." The blonde smiled down at his phone.