Doctor Malpractice

I get to the medical ward and see they already have a bed prepared for Link. Did someone else see how did they know to prepare a bed?

"Um, excuse me, well, take Link from here and fix up his daily ailments."

I hand him off to a Hylian doctor and start to wonder what they meant by daily

"Daily, I say in a concerned tone."

"Oh yes, the princess runs him ragged, and it usually ends in a few broken bones and cuts, but we all have to make sacrifices."

I was horrified to learn the gravity of the situation. He was being tortured daily for a goal set by his past lives. I hated him because I always thought he never had to prove himself to get to the place he's at, but I've realized that is the farthest from the truth. But why? Why do I still hold resentment for him? My thoughts were interrupted by the rapped beeping of a heart rate monitor and the panicking of the room.

"FUCK, HE'S CRASHING. GET THE CRASH CART."

Doctors and nurses swarm. Link and I see them put what looks like electric chuchu jelly strapped to a paddle and smack it down on his chest, sending small sparks flying. I stand there, stunned by the spectacle.

"Phew, alright, he's stabilizing. Get this cleaned up and run some fluids. He should be okay."

He walks toward me nonchalantly and starts to speak.

"Hehe, well, that got exciting. Can you believe it has only gotten like that about twenty times? Eh, as long as she pays me, she can do as she pleases. Hehe, am I right? God knows you guards probably get paid off to turn a blind eye."

"You're a monster." I managed to choke out.

"Excuse me, who do you think you are?" He points an accusatory finger at my chest. "

"I am the only one with morels in this godforsaken place. You see the princess work a man till he's about to die TWENTY TIMES and still follow blindly because she passes a few rupees your way. You're a disgrace to this world, and I won't have it any longer. I'm taking Link back to the Rito village to heal properly instead of being forced to work his life away."

"Y-You can't do that; the princess would have my neck for letting her pawn escape," he cuts off suddenly as he realizes what he has just revealed.

"Her pawn," I say, baffled. "Ya know, I think it's time for someone else to put their neck on the line. Don't you, Dr. Malpractice, we have better technology yet you return to the Middle Ages with your techniques. I'm taking him, and there's nothing you can do to stop me."

I stand there in the room dead silent as I go and pick up Link. The doctor in Rito Village can help him better than this cuck doctor can, and he will finally be able to take a break and relax. Gods, listen to me. Why do I care this much? I guess he reminds me of well...me.