UNEXPECTED MEETING

Surprise surprise surprise

His eyes were hiding some secrets that I could not read even if I wanted to.

I now focused my attention forward. As my horse was approaching the palace, both my breathing and restlessness started increasing.

In a short while we entered the palace and I ran to my father's room.

Hakim sahab was treating him.

I went and sat near his feet.

  "How is your health now?" I asked softly.

He looked at me with a smile and called me near him as I sat near him now he placed his hand on my head "It is better than before."

I took a sigh of relief and said "You had taken my life away, I thought something might happen to you."

"Even Yamraj himself cannot do anything to a father who has a daughter like you."

I hugged him and as soon as his hand reached my waist, I sighed due to pain. My mother came running and saw my wound "Baisa you are very much hurt, go to your room, we will send someone with ointment." I nodded in agreement and went away from there.

I was sitting alone in my room when my eyes went towards the mirror lying there. I saw Rana Abhimanyu's shawl was still on my body as if it was trying to protect me from all this chaos and evil eyes of people.

Stop being in delusion. He is the sole reason of all this mess.

Suddenly the tinkling of someone's anklets diverted my attention. An attendee was standing there with a bowl in her hand.

I called her and asked the reason for coming, she said that Ranisa has sent this ointment for me.

I told her to apply that .

I quietly sat on the bed and started removing clothes from my body, then lay down on my stomach.

She slowly cleaned the wound, applied the ointment and stood up.

"If you need anything, you can call me" she said softly and I nodded yes.

She started to leave when suddenly she stopped and said, "Baisa, this shawl is completely filled with blood, should I throw it away?" she asked.

"No." I replied

"Then I will get it washed."

"I told you there is no need for this. Leave it as it is" I said coldly.

She quietly went away without saying anything and I kept lying on the bed like that.

After resting for a while, I called my maids and said "I need to take a bath, so make arrangements for that. "

Seeing the wound, they first refused but after some time agreed. They wiped my whole body with a towel soaked in a hot water.

"Baisa, now it is time to apply the ointment again." One of the maids said.

"No, you all can go, I will apply it myself."

On hearing this, they all left and I closed my door. I was drying my hair sitting in front of the mirror then suddenly a sound came from the window. I thought it was my illusion but when the sound came once again, I stood up in fear. I was naked, so I wrapped the first thing that came to my hand, picked up the sword and stepped towards the window.

Now I was standing right next to the window and as soon as I opened it a man came in. I was about to shout for help but he gagged my mouth with one hand and threw the sword on the ground with the other.