08. 𝗠𝗰𝗕𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵𝘆

Cassie walked into the hospital. She saw Mark waiting for her and smirked. "I'm too tired for a trip to the on call room," she said as she looked to him.

Mark shrugged. "I didn't want you for that. I actually found something you left me with in New York," he told her.

"What's that?"

Mark handed her a condom with a heart on it. She raised her eyebrows. "Oh wow. You have no game."

Mark smirked and winked. "I'm not against using that. If you want to," he said as he grabbed her hips and pulled her close.

Cassie rolled her eyes. "Yeah. I knew you'd be after that. Well, if you're good and don't cause too much trouble, I may let you take my scrubs off," she said as she kissed his cheek and walked off inside.

****

Cassie stood watching Cristina as she was organising the board. "We'll book OR 2 tomorrow at 10. Usual scrub team. And get rid of his valve replacement at 2. That's no good," she said.

A male intern walked over to Cassie. "I bought you a hot chocolate," he said as he smiled to her, completely missing the death glare he was getting from Mark.

"Thanks."

He smiled and walked down to the lower floor. "Yang. I bought you a mocha latte," he said as he handed a drink to Cristina.

Cristina turned to look at him. "You're not scrubbing in," she told him.

"But Burke always lets me scrub in."

Another intern walked over to Cristina. "Hey. Yang... can I get in on the..."

"No. No residents. Too crowded. Go away," Cristina said as she turned to a nurse. "Make sure you put the instrument tray on his left hand side. He needs the elbow room. And OR 2. No gallery. Burke was specific."

The nurse shook her head and sighed. "Dr.Burke has become very specific since he came back to work. Hasn't he?" She commented. 

Cristina glared. "Do you want me to tell him you said that?"

George stood between Cassie and Meredith. He shook his head. "Burka's back. And suddenly Cristina is running his board. Who does she think she is? Bailey?" He commented.

Ellie shrugged and smiled. "She's helping him."

Alex rolled his eyes. He moved closer to his pregnant girlfriend. "She's taking advantage. She gets out of rounds. She scrubs in on every surgery that Burke does. She's ordering around third year residents."

Meredith rolled her eyes. "You're overreacting."

Cristina picked up the pen from the board. Cassie's eyes widened. George's too. "She's writing on the board!" He all but yelled.

Cassie shrugged and smirked as she saw Mark. "Maybe I should sleep with Burke," she said as he passed her by.

Mark looked to her. He stood behind her and whispered into her ear. "If you want to sleep with any attending, make it me," he said.

Cassie bit her lip as she felt his breath on the back of her ears. "Bye Mark."

George turned to Cassie. "I don't know how you can sleep with him. He slept with your mom."

Cassie raised her eyebrows. "Oh I'm sorry. When was the last time you got sex?" She said as she rolled her eyes.

****

Derek left the shower in the trailer. He jumped a mile as he saw a woman sitting on his bed. "Well hey there stranger."

"Nancy. You don't call first?" Derek said as he looked to her.