Nagito Komaeda

Alright I don't really know how to start this so I'm going to start with his fanon character and then start analyzing his actual character.

 this is also a rant about the fandom😭

Fanon

Fanon Nagito honestly the worst In my opinion is one of the worst stereotypes.

In most of fanfic or heck even just fanart he was just a "uwu soft gay boi" which if you take a one look at his in-game self u can see he is clearly not. 

Also in most of the Nagito angst fanfic's I read he is crying him self to sleep because everyone hates him and he so sad 😭😭 and of course there is his Hajibae who is gonna kissy-wissy him when he sad. 

Of course everything that I just wrote is satire, but a lot of people write his character like that...  I mean I know that his character is very hard to write- Myself I'm currently writing a komahina fic where I will try my best to get him in-character, but how some of the fics I read made his character just make it seem like the person never even saw a second of Danganronpa.

Anyways enough of ranting about his fanon self- time to actually take a look at his character.

So I'm going to start if off with something I said earlier which is "he is crying himself to sleep because everyone hates him." Yeah it's clear that everyone on the island isn't really much fond of him. And he knows that, he accepted it. He doesn't cry often we've never really seen him show much negative emotion ( by negative emotion I mean sadness) if I remember correctly the only time we could see him show any sadness was in chapter 3.

Speaking of chapter 3 let's analize one one of his quotes. "Now that I'm on the verge of dying. I've realized what I wanted all along: somebody's love."

Which Mikan responds to with telling him about how he is not loved or something like that. I'm going to be honest I didn't check what she said to him, but I'm 100% it was about him not being loved or not having anyone to love.

After what she said to him Nagito was left speechless. That was the first time that we could see him be wordless in the game and pretty sure the last.

His past

Nagito was born on April 28 symbolizing good luck if I'm correct- He was born in a pretty wealthy family. He never really told the player about how his parents acted towards him, so the community just made a lot of headcannons about them. I know I should probably mention it in the fanon part as it fits it more but I don't really wanna redo this so here it is😋😋 Also I'm saying that we don't know anything about his parents because some people think that the headcannons that he had been neglected or abused are cannon. Well they aren't - anyways enough about the headcannons (although there is 99% they will be brought up later😋😋) let's go back to his past

As I said he was born in a wealthy family. Also when he was young he had a dog. We don't really know much about it. There isn't any information about how old he was when he got it or the dogs name. Although there is one thing we know about it- and it's the fact that it have been run over. Nagito saw his pet die right before his eyes.

Now let's move on the another important part of Nagito past. The plane crash.

We also don't know how old he was nor where him and his parents were flying to (I'm pretty sure that there isn't any information about where they were heading of to- but you can correct me in the comments if you want to)

It turned out that the plane was hijacked- I don't think that there is much information about what the hijacker was doing but thanks to Nagito's luck cycle a meteorite hit the hijacker, which also resulted in his parents death. I saw a lot of people saying that just the hijacker and his parents died but I also saw alot saying that he was a sole survivor. So I guess that is just for you to choose.