TV Sneak Peek #1

Welcome to your favourite new show, NEAR OR FAR! Brought to life in a partnership between CBC Gem, Harlow Creative, and Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Near or Far will be streaming on CBC Gem in Canada March 29th, and on YouTube WORLDWIDE on April 6th!

Lucky for you, we have some Wattpad-exclusive episodic companion pieces that go a little bit deeper in the lives of our twin sisters, Sadie & Lauren Mustafa.

Episode 1: "The Backyard Party"

Transcript of a VoiceNote from: Sades

11:14 PM

Duration: 02:26

Okay, so I will now proceed to do *exactly* what I said I wouldn't, and tell you everything that happened on the long, long car ride home. Lauren, my love, sister of mine, did I mention that it's a 7-hour drive from Gatineau University of Montreal back to our humble hometown?

Like, I know you know this intellectually, but you might have forgotten, what with all the excitement yesterday, and your new home and your new roommate and all.

I, on the other hand, absolutely, definitely remember, because I had to live every single one of those hours, and minutes – so frankly, now you do, too. Get comfortable

So obviously first, Mum & Baba had to bicker about whether or not we were getting coffee before we were on the road or once we'd "made some inroads into our journey"

Then once we stopped (because Mum won, also obviously), and we have like eleven minutes of blissful silence and coffee, Baba starts driving around this town we're in, and talking about how it's already an hour away from you, and that maybe we should turn around and drop me off to stay with you.

Like to make sure you're okay.

Because this is so difficult for you, being away from home and all. Alone.

So, I probably should have ignored him and let him just ruminate on this truly insane plan of him, but I was like "Baba, I have to ...work?!" Like you know, at my job? Be responsible, focus on a contribution, all that stuff he's always talking about?

And then Mum turns around and I'm like 'okay, yes, she's going to back me up', but actually she's like "It's just the garage, so you'll be away for a few days. So what" – like, do you believe this?

So I look at them – and like, frankly I can see way too much of Baba's face in the rearview considering he's supposed to be driving –

...and I go 'Okay, then what? Like if I stay with Lauren for three days and lose my job, and then I come home, then what? She's still alone after that, and then – I want you to brace yourself for what Baba says next, he –

Oh wait, hold on, hang on."

-END-

Transcript of a VoiceNote from: Sades

11:18 PM

Duration: 00:39

Hi. That was Baba at the door, hoping I would come and watch a spy movie with him, because he wants some distraction and company. Is this something you used to do with him? Because he looks like he just lost his puppy despite never letting us have a puppy, so –

No, thanks, Baba! Be right down!

Great. Now he wants to pour me some of that horrifying licorice tea, like that's a prize of any kind. Lauren, You better be having a blast up there because I don't know how long I can cope with these two and their, like, semi-empty nest. Okay, love you, byeeeeee....

-END-