PROLOGUE;

~ sol lucet omnibus

~ sol lucet omnibus

the sun shines for all ~

☆ ☆ ☆

     In a far away land long ago lived a wizard and his fair witch. Many years had they longed for a daughter and finally their wish was granted. A witch was born and they called her Aurora...

☆ ☆ ☆

Aurora Black-🌞🔮🌷-

Aurora Black
-🌞🔮🌷-

☆ ☆ ☆

     Regulus Black and Pandora Lovegood sat at either ends of the dark mahogany dining table. The centrepiece, a vase of pink tulips, was partially obscured their views of each other; neither of them made an effort to move it. The chilly air that had come over the room since their staring match had begun was stifling.

"She wants to go," Pandora spoke into the tense silence, her words seeming oddly loud after the quiet. They rung out around the room like chimes of a bell. She felt if she hadn't spoken, they would have sat in silence for hours on end. Regulus could be incredibly stubborn when it came to matters such as this.

His grey eyes, sharp and assessing, narrowed at her. He hated to get agitated but he didn't want to have this conversation again. "We agreed," he said coldly. "She should go to Beauxbatons with her brother."

"But she wants to go to Hogwarts," Pandora reminded Regulus, keeping her voice as calm as she could manage. Raising her voice would only end in tears, she was going to be civil as possible.

Regulus pinched the bridge of his nose between two delicate fingers. The gesture made Pandora's heart clench. She didn't like to stress Regulus, his headaches acted up when he was tense.

Despite this, Pandora wasn't going to drop the subject. She would argue until the end of time on behalf of her daughter. Aurora would go to Hogwarts one way or another. She would see to it.

"It's not safe," Regulus insisted, "people will torment her. I don't want her to have to deal with that simply because I'm her father."

"Regulus," Pandora said soothingly, blue eyes wide and sincere. "My darling, Aurora will be fine. The world knows Dumbledore asked you to do what you did."

"Even so..." Regulus frowned.

Pandora continued, "Hogwarts is much safer for her. She'll be closer to us. Besides, she's said herself she'll be happier at Hogwarts, she'll feel safer there."

Regulus' downturned eyebrows relaxed. That was his Achilles heel, his daughter's happiness. He wanted nothing more than for Aurora to be safe and happy at her new school. He couldn't stand her facing trouble because of his past actions.

"She could use my name," Pandora suggested, drawing Regulus' attention back to her. "Go by Aurora Lovegood, if you think that would draw the attention away."

"Perhaps," Regulus allowed and instantly Pandora knew she'd won. She had managed to convince him of her point of view. She only hoped it had been the right thing to do.

☆ ☆ ☆

Hi! This is my fanfic revolving around my oc Aurora and her relationship with Harry throughout their time at Hogwarts.
It follows the book quite closely but there are a few original elements such as characters and plots. I don't own Harry Potter or any of that, just my ocs.
This isn't my first fanfic but if you read any of my other words no you didn't.

1) Quick disclaimer: Aurora is a Ravenclaw in this fanfic so if you want a Gryffindor!oc this is not the fic for you x
2) this is a bit of a slow burn because fics are boring if the relationship happens right away.
   3) Regulus and Pandora are a couple, if that's not your thing don't read it. Please don't hate on my work I can't handle criticism x
4) I'm going to be honest, first and second year a little boring. Please give the story a chance to flesh out before quitting completely.

~ L