3 - Data Download

TW-Electrocution

---------------

Solar managed to talk with most of his friends before Moon called him.

"If you're ready, I'm going to need you back here."

"Sounds good. I'm on my way right now." Solar hung up, changing his path to Parts and Service.

---

When Solar got there, he was holding himself on the waist. It was at this point the discomfort actually turned into pain. Moon heard him wincing and turned around. He immediately rushed over, holding him up and guiding him towards the chamber.

"Are you okay, Solar?" Moon was visibly worried about his cousin's wellbeing.

"Yeah...we need to get this done as soon as possible," he lay in the P&S chamber. Moon began typing on the computer currently connected to Solar.

"Computer, copy Solar's data."

"Request deemed invalid."

"What do you mean?!"

"Solar's systems are corrupting. The disappearing of code has activated a firewall to prevent any further loss of data."

"Brute force it, Computer," Moon responded. Solar looked at Moon, who had a face of determination of his face. Uncertainty welled in Solar's throat, but he knew he couldn't stop Moon from trying anything that has the chance of working. Solar's gotten used to that behavior from every Moon he'd met across dimensions.

"Brute force could damage his systems further-" Ruin joined the conversation.

"Did I stutter?" Moon banged the computer with his fist. It immediately began activating the command. Solar could feel the computer clip into his head like a leech, sending electrical currents through him. The pain gnawed at him and throbbed in his head. His body locked up, causing further aching.

"ARGH!" Solar yelped. Steam was nearly rising from his overwhelmed systems. Moon could hardly bear to watch Solar writhe in pain. Luckily for them both, the computer chimed in completion. As suddenly as the pain came, it went away, only leaving behind tingly sparks. He panted while tilting back in the chair.

"You alright in there, buddy?"

"Give me a m-minute to breathe-," Solar painfully moaned. While he caught his air, Moon watched code flood into the computer.

"Good job. You want a lollipop or something?" Moon lightened the mood. Solar laughed half-heartedly.

"Why the h*ll not?" Solar glanced over at Moon, who smiled as his data was safely stored in the computer.

"I'll make sure someone gets some candy your way. For now, go relax with Earth or something." Moon opened the chamber, stepping in to help Solar leave. "Thanks for letting me break into your systems. You're sure you're alright?"

"Of course not. I'll handle it, though. If you need me, I'll be knitting with Earth." He plodded out the room. Moon watched in concern.

"He's deteriorating, Moon. We only have so much time to let him go play like a child."

"Shut up and let Solar enjoy himself. You don't need to remind me that my best friend is getting worse by the hour."

"Just saying."

---------------

haha angst
(495 words)