chapter one, whatever this is

daisy mae knocks once before she kicks the door open, "caterina valetina

daisy mae knocks once before she kicks the door open, "caterina valetina." she acknowledged her friend as she made her way into the kitchen like she had done for the last several years. the two girls were next door neighbours and went to the same school so they saw each other every day.

"girl who looks like she's been spat out by a rainbow." she got onto the bar chair, seeing a blonde girl walk out in a bathrobe, it's covered in rainbows and unicorns and daisy knows it's most likely cat's.

"do you have another robe? cause i do look like a rainbow spat me out." the blonde's face didn't seem like she was the kind of girl to wear rainbows and unicorns. she looked like a biker, a scary tough girl but the blonde hair really didn't match the persona.

"oh no, silly." cat poured daisy a glass of orange juice as she looked over at the blonde with intrigue in her eyes. "im daisy by the way, daisy mae. i live next door." she gave the girl a short wave. "yeah, cool." the blonde looked from daisy to cat.

"my clothes?" she asked, the question making her brows furrow slightly. "oh, they're in the dryer. they'll be ready as soon as my nonna comes back and shows me how to use it." the blonde clapped her hands together, "alright." she looked from cat to daisy.

"anyway you know how to use the dryer?" daisy shook her head, "parents do everything." she answered when there was a knock on the door.

"come in, dice." both cat and daisy spoke as the curly haired boy walked into the apartment.

"what's up valentine? how's it going mae?" he sat down and opened his bags to get something, "who's the kid?" blondie looked at the two girls on the other side of the counter.

"that's dice, he lives in the building." cat answered.

"he sells a lot of things, what you got for us, dice?" daisy took a turn around the counter, accepting the fact that the blonde won't give her name any time soon and she probably shouldn't try.

"hair in bags, you girls want any?" dice held up the bags of hair, "sorry, i already bought all my hair in a bag last month." the blonde shook her head slightly, with fake devastation.

"don't listen to blondie, is it like special hair or something?" daisy sat down on the old couch, leaning back into it softly. "yes! it's celebrity hair, i got bieber, katy perry, ryan seacrest and your favourite, the gubler." dice threw the bag of dark brown hair at daisy while cat jumped to grab the hair that was supposedly from justin bieber.

"it smells like talent, i'll take it! take my money!" cat threw bills at dice while daisy inspected the hair. "how do i know this hair actually came from matthew gray gubler's head? you could be running a con on me?"

"because im your friend and im telling you, that is spencer reid's hair." dice put a hand over his heart and daisy threw a few bills at him. "i believe you." she took out a strand, smelling it. "smells like three phds."

"would you judge me if i ate this?" daisy furrowed her brows, "yes." the blonde answered without even thinking about it, gaining the group's attention.

"wait, aren't you that blonde chick from icarly?" dice got up from the couch, moving over to where the blonde stood at the counter, where daisy sat only moments ago. "no way, that chick is way hotter than me." the blonde answered, sipping the juice that daisy had abandoned.

"she's kidding," cat smiled. "can i please get some of your hair?" dice begged and daisy looked over at the blonde. "what's icarly?" daisy's voice broke through the group and dice gasped.

"it's a web show, daisy's allergic to websites," cat explained and daisy held her hands up in surrender. "technophobe." she spoke up.

"so, what do you say, give me some of your hair?" dice looked back at the blonde, sam, "ill sell ya some of my hair."

"cool! ill be back with scissors and bags!" the boy ran to the door, opening it as sam yelled after him, "run with those scissors!"

"don't do that!" daisy yelled as she went to the door, watching dice disappear around the corner. she goes back inside, slamming the door shut and it's barely closed for a second when a shopping cart is pushed through the door with nonna inside it. she's also in a potato sack.

"nonna? what happened?" cat squealed.

"crazy bro," daisy grimaced.

"nice sack." sam spoke from her spot beside daisy as the elderly woman tried to jump out of the cart, cat and daisy trying to help her.

for the next five minutes, cat and her grandmother argue slightly about sending nonna into an elderly home while daisy and sam drink juice and talk about sam saving cat from a trash compactor.

"daisy mae, come home!" a sing song voice comes through the door as daisy got up, "gotta go, enjoy whatever this is." daisy gave cat's new friend a teasing smile as she walked out of the apartment.