𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄

"I thought I saw you on the battleship, but it was only a look alike...," I sang softly to myself, organizing some of the books in he back of the shop. It had been in my head all morning and ever since I heard Alex sing it on stage. "She was nothing but a vision trick, under the warning light. She was close, close enough to be your ghost...," I continued to hum as I made my way slowly to the front of the store, picking up misplaced books when the front door bell rung. I shuffled to the front a little faster only to be met with the back of the one and only Alex Turner. I smiled and bit my lip. The fuck is he doing here?
"Well, hello, Mr. Turner," He turned away from the box of record and a smile spread on his face behind his aviator sunglasses.

"Ms. Helders. Fancy seeing you here," I placed the books on the counter and he came and rested his arms infront of me on the desk.

"You mean where I work?" I raised my eyebrows at him and he grinned mischievously. "What are you doing here? Where's Matt?"

"Well, I am actually here for a record, boys are eating in the bus," He shrugged and looked around.

"Who are you looking for?" He looked back at me with a look I couldn't quite decyfer through the sunnies.

"Um, The Strokes, their Is This It album," I smiled to him knowing him and Matt had the same taste in music if he liked The Strokes. Smoothing out my black mini skirt and arranging my grandpa sweater, I hopped off the desk chair and made my way to The Strokes, immediately pulling our Is This It and handing it over to him.

"Ah, right, thanks," He took the album and smiled at me.

"Feel free to go wander around, it goes on, you never know what wonder of a record or book you'll find," I waved over to the back of the store where most of the stacks and book shelves resided. I'd made it feel very warm with permission from the owners, I added armchairs, carpets and warm fairy lights around and always had the radio going faintly. Alex looked to the rest of the store and back to me, smiling softly before turning to go look in the books section, the biggest section. I returned to the front desk and quickly set aside the book I found that would help with my project and started typing away distractedly. It was a slow day today.

"Charlotte," Alex, came to the front again.

"Found what you were looking for?" He placed the vynil and a small fabric covered poetry book infront of me.

"Yes, more than what I wanted actually," I smiled knowing it's what everyone said.

"That's great, I'm glad," I quickly did the math for his purchases and he paid with card. "How's staying in the bus?" I asked with a small smirk as I bagged the items. He sighed smiling.

"'ad to get out. We've got a gig later though and it's really not that bad," I smiled nodding. "You can come if you want," He offered and raised an inquisitive perfect eyebrow at me and I shook my head laughing.

"I wish I could, I've got a project I've been putting off that I've got to finish. But maybe drinks after or something," I looked up a him through my lashes as I placed his bag on the counter. His smile grew.

"How'd you feel about clubbing?" To be honest the idea wasn't something I've wanted to do since I was 15 but the idea of clubbing with Alex and seeing him in a different setting was definitely alluring. I nodded biting my lip.

"I could get behind that," I shrugged and a grin spread across his glasses adorned face.

"I'll let the boys know then," He smirked at me. I bit my lip again tilting my head as he still stood with me.