Silent Whispers Orphanage

Hello everyone, I'm KaleidoMirror!

I'm thrilled to present you with this new update of "Lonely Golden Ashes," thanks to all your support. I hope you enjoy this second chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. Due to certain inconveniences, I had to cut it short a bit, but I'm confident it was for the better to make it more captivating. I'm eager to hear your thoughts and comments on this new installment.

Moving on to our regular section, I want to express my enthusiasm and appreciation for masterpieces like "My Hero Academia" and "Fate/Stay Night." I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to share my work with all of you. I hope you find as much pleasure in reading this story as I did in writing it.

Are you ready? Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------

– Umbra Laboratories (Section XII) –

Time had passed, reflected in the underground facilities by a series of increasingly frequent innovations in recent weeks. Improvements in equipment, especially biomedical technology, had reached a new level, making it not just a boast but a reality at this point. Currently, the biotechnological development center had become one of the most advanced complexes in the entire Asian continent.

"Whistle, Whistle!"

A whistle escaped his lips, the Chief Doctor's enthusiasm echoing as he ventured into the most restricted areas of the facilities, his white coat billowing behind him. It was easy to pass through the usual access and security protocols. Pausing, his eyes gleamed with longing as he beheld his latest scientific achievement, the future pinnacle of humanity that would transcend the fusion of magic and quirks.

In the center of the room, a young child, seemingly about ten years old, was suspended in a machine connected to a tank filled with greenish, phosphorescent fluids. The man was fascinated by the possibility of finding the first advances in his most ambitious project, "магия". Although the possibility of reinforcing pre-existing quirks in subjects with the magical energy of subject B-612 had been demonstrated, problems persisted with rejection in the homologous neural network that did not exist in the receptors, leading to unforeseen outcomes or tragic endings in most cases, even when tissue graft experiments had been performed on each of them.

Despite the problematic results, Kyudai only felt headaches and frustrations over the delays when the lifespan of those involved came to an end. It was no surprise to anyone that any hint of morality or humanity had long since faded for the elderly man, but at least, he believed that God had not abandoned him; this was a sign that he was doing the right thing, "Isn't it? It's for the good of humanity," he thought egocentrically and arrogantly as he imagined himself advancing the natural course of life with his own hands and even going so far as to pretend to do God's work on Earth.

So, he again thanked his good fortune for having had the opportunity to find the specimen so perfect in "MI-III"; that was his relief and hope in the past week, the busiest of his life so far. However, something had gone wrong. Suddenly, the apparently "balanced" state of the subject was interrupted by erratic convulsive movements and expressions of pain that heralded a fatal outcome.

For the short-statured man, all his happiness momentarily vanished as he faced the harsh reality of failure. The expression on his face darkened as he watched his expectations crumble before his eyes, a shadow of despair clouding his mind as he struggled to understand what was going wrong.

---------------------------------------------------

In a tense silence, the scientists observed every movement of their leader, eagerly awaiting his words.