3

The grassion

He wasn't old enough to drink John didn't allow him to but the family aloud him to sit in the snug with them.

He was sitting in between John and Esme with Romeo and Juliet in his hands as well as a pen writing down annotations.

"What book is it today huh?" John questioned Oliver whilst putting his arm behind his head.

"Romeo and Juliet" Esme's grin widened "star crossed livers one?" Oliver nodded his head yes.

"Aye your the romantic now are you" John rubbed his hair whilst putting him in a headlock.

Laughter could be heard all around the rest of the Shelby family looking at the three with grins on their faces.

Nobody would Admit it but they all see Oliver as a nephew or grandson, just like he sees them as uncle aunts and grandmother.

"Alright you,don't kill him" Esme whacked John in the head "oww".

Johns arms dropped from Oliver. His smile shining until he looked at the clock above the door. "Shit" he got up and started to leave whilst picking up his stuff.

"What?" Thomas questioned Concerned "I'm about to go over curfew my dad will kill me"

Oliver left in a hurry before anybody could question him anymore everybody looked at each other but when Esme and John looked at each other it was as if the there own child had gone to hospital.

________________________________
                              The streets
The streets were cold as Oliver walked through the streets back to his house.

As soon as he walked up to his front door he hesitated to walk inside wondering if it's to late to turn back to the pub and tell the Shelby's the truth but before he could turn around.

The sound of a door opening behind him made him freeze.

"So you back late now are you" a hand grabbed his shoulder turning him around. "You think you can run away from me do you boy"

"No sir-"

"Now boy let me finish" he farther pulled him into the house whilst closing the door with his foot. As he pushed Oliver into the living room he tripped and fell.

"Now let's see" he kicked Oliver in the stomach "I think". Another kick to the stomach. "A punishment is" spit lands on his face "to be put into place don't you think"

"Yes sir" a whimper left his mouth