Prolouge

|| Aera's POV ||

With hundreds of fans screaming my name, I finish the final song. Here I am, sweaty and exhausted, yet I feel the sudden urge to stay on stage with my fans surrounding me. It has been a wonderful experience performing to them. 

Well, all good things come to an end.

"Thank you~ New York!! For being such a great audience! Wow.. this has been the most memorable night of my life. I am sooooo grateful to you all for supporting me in this beautiful journey! I- I don't know what else to say!?"

I was left speechless for a moment, filled with thankfulness and love that I cannot appreciate through words.

"I LOVE YOU!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs

...

"I love you too, but you're being a nuisance!" a familiar voice spoke in my ear.

And I woke up with a sudden jerk, in the process hitting my head with my roommates' head.

"Ouch... stop dreaming about becoming a star and start doing something to achieve it!" Yunhee says to me while rubbing her head.

"Well, it is an early morning dream.. they say whatever you dream of early in the morning, might be a premonition"

"You've got to get ready in order to make that premonition come true~" She whispers in a spooky voice, and we both start laughing.

Jeong Yun Hee - my roommate, fellow trainee, classmate, and best friend. 

We instantly clicked the very day we met, when I first signed the contract with my agency. She was my senior by 2 levels but I somehow managed to catch up with her in 5 months. Apparently, I had natural talent and might be able to actually make it big in this competitive field. At least according to the manager in charge of our group, Kim Mi Young.

"You're up next Aera!" Sena, my other bestie/roommate, says. 

Kim Se Na has been my best friend since we were 3, she and I both had the same dream of becoming an idol so we auditioned for the same company and fortunately we both got in (though she had been on the waiting list for about 2 months).

Sena means I'm next to take a shower and get ready. Since everyone was really worked up last night, we picked chits to see who gets to shower first and who gets how much time to get ready.

We're all pretty nervous and anxious as today is the day our fates are revealed..

Today is the day that we find out who gets to stay...

Today is Evaluation Day!!

|| Time Skip to Next Week ||

"Aera!!" 

I hear someone shout as I walk through the halls of my school.

I turn around to be greeted by my manager. She immediately grabs my hand and rushes out of the school and shoves me into the backseat of her car, ignoring all my protests and questions. She drives out of the school and back to the company, saying it was important that I was present at the agency right at the moment.

I didn't understand but I trusted her. If Mi young eonni says its important, it must be important.

As soon as we step out of the car, she rushes me to the CEO's office. The only time I have ever been there was to the sign the contract to become a trainee of this agency, 10 months ago. 

Eonni told me to wait outside the cabin for a few minutes. And when she called me into the office, I was literally shivering in fear. I take a deep breath and enter the room praying to god that I have not been eliminated.

I greet the elderly man sitting in front of my with a 90 degree bow, and he quickly nods his head.

"Sir, this is the girl I was talking about... " Mi young says to the CEO, Kang Min Joon, and a group of other people in suits that I'm assuming are the board of directors.

Mi young eonni starts talking about how my training has been, how my relations with fellow trainees were, and how I have been performing. Throughout the entire report, the CEO has been staring into my soul as I awkwardly bow my head down, not to be impolite.

When eonni was done with the report, the board of directors and the CEO started discussing somthing. My hands and legs were shaking, which didn't go unnoticed by Mi young. She secretly held my hand to assure me.

In the mean time, an internal war between insecurity and self-confidence was waging inside me. And the bad thing was, insecurity was winning!

What if I have been eliminated? What if I am not cut out to become a star? What if...? A million thoughts coursed through my head, my palms became sweaty and I was biting the inside of my cheek to stop myself from overthinking and getting emotional.

Finally, the CEO looked at me with a frown on his face, and my heart sank.

"The Board of Directors and I have spoken and watched your performance in the recent evaluation test and we have decided that.." he paused.

Slowly his scowl had turned into a smile, and he continued, "We have decided that you shall become the debutant for this year"

OMG!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!! AHHHHH-

My lips involuntarily formed a smile and I was sooooo happy that all my hard work paid off!

"Thank you, CEO-nim!" I said with a huge smile on my face as I bowed to him and the board of directors.

But right then, the Min Joon-shi turned towards Mi young eonnie and said, "Let's eleminate that other girl... what was her name again? She was on the waiting list some 7 months ago...umm... Ya, terminate Kim Se Na's contract"

Oh, shit...no