The hourglass of memories

In the darkness, a beam of light fell and bubbles floated up, reflecting the light. The bubbles floated up and then shattered with a loud snap.
It is particularly quiet, without any waves, and the sound of bubbles breaking is very clear.
More and more bubbles are floating up from the bottom of the water.
Someone sank at the bottom of the water, and bubbles overflowed from my mouth, blending into the bubbles that floated up in the deep water and drifting upwards together.
Time seems to have lost its meaning, and my brain cannot think. It's like a broken stone sinking into water, constantly sinking and sinking.
At the bottom of the water, there is a person floating with their face facing upwards.
He was wearing a milky white shirt, with his eyes closed, and the tiny bubbles overflowed from his mouth.
I reached out to touch his face, but even though it was within reach, I couldn't catch him. I feel a bit anxious in my heart, and there seems to be a voice urging me to grab him.I tried hard to dive down, almost, almost, I could almost touch him.
However, at this moment, the boy who had originally closed his eyes suddenly opened them.
That was a pair of deep eyes, so black that it couldn't reflect any light, he was looking at me.
"Gong Xu!" I opened my mouth and called out to him. My hand touched his shirt, and a sudden burst of water splashed out from the dark water beneath him. The bright white water splashed down on him.
He kept falling, with a hint of a smile on his face, and he was always looking at me.
"Gong Xu!" I wanted to call out to him, eager to catch him, but my fingertips could only swipe through the water rushing up when he fell.
A large amount of water poured into my mouth and nose, and a suffocating feeling instantly engulfed me.
"Gong Xu!" I shouted, waking up from this heart wrenching nightmare with sweat all over my head and face, and my stomach churning uncontrollably.
I lifted the blanket and got out of bed, walked into the bathroom, squatting by the toilet and feeling nauseous.
That nightmare drained all the energy from my body, and I sat between the dressing table and the toilet, panting heavily.
There was a certain emotion rushing through my body, and that huge fear surged from my dream to outside. I was trembling all over, as if a big hole had been broken in my heart, and with just a breath, I was in pain and sweating profusely."Picking up rain, picking up rain?" Mom's anxious shout came from outside the door, and she was knocking on the door, knocking hard.
I want to respond to her, I want to say it's okay, I just had a nightmare and it will be okay soon.
I want to say, "Mom, go back and rest. Don't worry about me, just leave me alone for a while.".
But I couldn't say a word, my throat seemed to be blocked with a stone, making me almost breathless.
"Picking up rain."
The sound of the key being inserted into the door lock rang outside the door.
"Click -"
The door opened and my mother hurriedly ran in: "Pick up the rain, pick up the rain, how are you?"
I tried hard to squeeze a smile out of her, but that smile was even uglier than crying.
My mother quickly opened the drawer at the head of my bed, took out a bottle of medicine, poured a cup of warm water, and walked over to help me take a pill.
"Did you have another nightmare after picking up the rain?" Mom asked softly.
I took a few deep breaths, trying to calm the surging emotions in my heart.
I don't know how long it took, but my mother kept hugging me, as if soothing a baby, gently patting my back.
My emotions slowly calmed down, and the suffocation finally disappeared. My clothes were soaked through.
"Sorry, Mom, you're worried. I'm fine," I said apologetically to Mom. "Mom, you go back to sleep.""It's okay, Mom is with you." Mom smiled warmly and her eyes were a bit cautious, as if I couldn't touch a porcelain doll. "Mom is here, don't be afraid."
"I'm really okay now. Mom, don't think I'm so fragile." I smiled at her and said, "I took a shower and went to bed."
"But..." Mom was a bit worried, she didn't trust me to stay alone.
"Believe me, Mom." I looked into my mother's eyes sincerely, wanting her to feel my feelings.
"Well, then go to bed early after taking a shower. If you still feel scared, call me," my mother instructed.
I nodded and she walked out of my room.
The sound of Mom's footsteps gradually faded away, eventually disappearing, and the surroundings returned to silence.
I got up from the ground. I don't know if it's because of the effects of the medication that the little monster that used to run amok in my mind suddenly became unusually quiet.
I walked to the window and pushed it open to look out. The sky was filled with stars shining brightly, and I looked up at them.
People always say that the departed will become stars in the sky.
So, Gong Xu, which one will you become?
That nightmare that made me suffocate, actually I haven't dreamed of it for a long time.
I am afraid of that dream and look forward to it. Anyway, at least I saw him. This is the only way I can see him.
"Are you okay over there?" I murmured, "I really miss you!"I took a deep breath and then slowly exhaled, forcing myself to stop thinking about Gong Xu before my mood returned to melancholy.
I remember the doctor said this to me.
He said, Xia Shiyu, you need to learn to restrain yourself.
He is right, restraint is something I must learn. This way, I can prevent myself from indulging in the shadow of Gong Xu's departure, and I can prevent myself from dying in endless memories.
I must move forward, I have reasons to move forward.
I walked into the bathroom with a clean set of pajamas, turned on the showerhead switch, and warm water splashed down from above.
For a period of time, I was afraid of everything related to water, especially taking a shower like this.
When water falls from above my head, I feel extremely anxious. It reminds me of that nightmare, the fear of being submerged and almost suffocating.
I hate that feeling.
Even now, whenever I come into contact with water, I still find it very annoying.
Turn off the switch, wipe off the water on my body with a dry towel, change into clean pajamas, and I returned to my room.
It's only two o'clock in the morning, it's still early before dawn. My brain is exceptionally clear, even a little excited. Many fragmented images linger in my mind, no matter how hard I try, I cannot fall asleep.
I dug out a medicine bottle from the cabinet, and just now my mother gave me a pill. I unscrewed the bottle cap and decided to take another pill.