chapter 1: the proposal

It was a few months after saving floyd, around 4 or 5. Bruce returned back to Vacay Island since he couldn't stay away from his family for too long, clay, viva, floyd, and John Dory stayed in pop village with their siblings since they wanted to make up for lost time. Along with clay and viva staying all of the putt putt trolls returned to pop village, which was a sweet moment. Branch thought this would be a perfect time to propose to poppy, I mean they got their families back and it's now or never. So he asked for help from some close friends of theirs and of course their family, after a couple of nerve wrecking weeks the date approached.

Poppy was in her pod doing some cleaning, which wasn't cleaning since she couldn't bear to part with anything useless. Soon she heard a knock at her door, when she opened she saw a very nervous branch on her front doorstep which made her raise an eyebrow. "What's wrong?" She asked now fully in the doorway, she was still wearing her regular outfit even though it was evening. Branch quickly answered poppy "nothing is wrong, i came here to take you on the date I told you about." She then smiled, poppy had completely forgotten about that! How could she forget something so important. Every little thing she and Branch did as a couple was important to her, so important that she has a whole separate scrapbook for them. She couldn't even get ready..

"Oh yeah! The date! I'm ready." She says still smiling she then takes branch's hand which was clammy but she ignored it since she could tell branch was nervous about something earlier. Branch took her to the river where a small boat was, the boat was beautiful, it looked hand made, it could fit just two trolls in it. Poppy was in awe. "Branch, did you make this boat?" Branch looked away but nodded his head, it took two days since he pulled all nighters to finish it. Branch had helped poppy inside the boat and started to row.

The river was more beautiful at night than it was during the day, glow bugs were following them so it was making a beautiful blue light. The couple were taking in the beauty of the lake before finally looking at each other, the light from the bugs seem to make them more pretty to each other, or at least to poppy. "Wow branch, this is really nice.." she muttered out to him. "I'm glad you think so, I thought you would enjoy a boat ride." Branch replies with a smile, he continues to row just taking in the scenery with poppy. The boat stopped when they got to a little area with a pair of chairs and a table, branch got off first and then helped poppy out, he dragged the boat on the land so it wouldn't float away. They then locked hands and walked towards the table and sat down. "Wow, you sure know how to make a girl feel special" Poppy says jokingly, and soon Branch pulled a picnic basket out of his hair and opened it. It was filled with poppy's favorite foods which he made at home in his bunker.

Poppy's eyes lit up, she immediately went to grabbing which branch didn't mind since he ate something beforehand. They started talking about their siblings and then had a debate about what kind of frosting is better for cupcakes, buttermilk or whipped cream. Branch was on team buttermilk while poppy was on team whipped cream but it ended with them both laughing at each other. Soon the date was coming to an end, branch told poppy to stand up which made her confused then branch held her hands and started to sing to her.

💙 it's a beautiful night..💙

Branch then looks up at the sky then back at poppy.

💙 we're looking for something dumb to do 💙

Branch then goes on one knee and pulls out a beautiful flower ring, which was made by satin and chenille. Poppy's face lit up once she realized what was happening.

💙 hey baby, I think wanna marry you.💙

Poppy immediately said "yes!" Branch put the ring on her finger and spun her around, they also gave each other a kiss on the lips.