nine

'Hey, look at me...' Leah says softly as she reaches over to rest her hand on Courtney's knee as the brunette stares out the passenger seat window. She watches at Courtney turns look at her, the nerves clear to see on her face as she bites her bottom lip.

'If you don't want to do this, we don't have to. We can turn around right now and go back to yours...' Leah says.

'What if they don't like me? What are you even going to introduce me as?' Courtney asks glancing at the blonde who smiles slightly.

'They all know who you are but I'm going to introduce you as Courtney; the amazing and wonderful human being I met a few weeks ago... They're going to love you, Court. How could they not?' Leah replies.

'Are you sure?' Courtney asks.

'Mm... I know they will. Like I said though, if it feels too much we can just go back to yours right now or we could go to mine? I want you to be comfortable. I don't want you to feel pressured into this.' Leah says.

'No, it'll be fine. I'll be fine, I promise. It's just nerves, you know? I'm- Well I'm not good at meeting new people.' Courtney admits and Leah nods her head.

'Neither am I... If at any point you feel uncomfortable or overwhelmed just let me know and we'll leave, yeah?' Leah says and Courtney nods her head.

'Tell me who's all coming again?' Courtney asks placing her hand on top of the blonde's as it continues to rest on her knee.

'So you've got Beth and Viv obviously because it's their house... Viv is much quieter, much more introverted than Beth but once you get to know her she's absolutely lovely. Then you've got Kim, she's like the big sister I never had a times. Always looking out for us all.' Leah explains and the brunette nods her head.

'Just the three?' Courtney asks and Leah nods her head.

'We invited Lia as well but she's going through a lot right now, a break-up and stuff so she said that as much as she'd love to meet you it probably just wasn't the right time for her.' Leah replies.

'Okay.' Courtney says softly.

****

Her heart pounds as she stands at the front door, slightly hidden behind the blonde with Bunny perched on her hip. She bites her bottom lip as she hears footsteps approach the front door before feeling the blonde's hand reach back to gently tap her hip.

'You good?' Leah asks and Courtney nods her head. Within seconds the front door opens to reveal a grinning blonde who immediately wraps her arms around Leah.

'Hey, Le... How are you?' The blonde asks causing Leah to smile.

'I'm good, Beth... How are you?' Leah asks.

'Good, always good.' Beth replies.

'Beth, this is Courtney and Bunny... Court, this is Beth. She's the loud but loveable one I was telling you about.' Leah says watching Courtney laugh as Beth immediately smacks the blonde's arm.

'I am not loud!' Beth protests causing Leah to raise her eyebrows.

'Kinda proving my point here, Beth.' Leah replies smiling.

'It's so nice to meet you, Courtney... I have heard so much about you. And your sweet little Bunny.' Beth says smiling as she wraps her arm around the other woman.

'All good I hope.' Courtney replies glancing at Leah who nods her head.

'Of course... Come on in guys. Viv is through in the living room and I think Kimmy might be checking on the lunch.' Beth says leading the way through to the living room.