Chapter 8:

Three days passed since Cedar and the other's took shelter at the prison, and Cedar was now walking down the lonely dirt road by herself to gather supplies.

Miguel had offered to accompany her but Cedar refused, arguing that she could handle herself. Besides, she needed time alone anyways.

Since she'd lost her pistol and crowbar, she was only armed with a machete and a small boot knife strapped to her right ankle.

Cedar wasn't particularly worried, she only planned on seeing where the end of this road took her and if it was a dead end she would head straight back to the prison.

She continued walking for another three or so minutes until she came across an open field, a huge wooden building stood out right in the middle of the dead crops.

Her curiosity getting the best of her, Cedar crept through the field until she was pressed right against the outer wall of the massive building.

She dared a peek inside the glass door and didn't see anything in her immediate line of vision, 

As she stepped backwards she cursed to herself as her foot crunched on a branch on the ground, causing it to break with a loud snapping noise.

The teen waited a few moments with bated breath, hoping she did not attract any unwanted attention, zombie or otherwise.

Deeming that the coast was clear, Cedar was about to reach for the door handle until something grabbed her by the hair and slammed her head against the side of the building, knocking her unconscious.

When she awoke some time later, the first thing Cedar felt was her sore back pressing against a cold steel table. 

She shivered as she realized her hoodie had been stripped off her frail form, leaving her in a white tank top, her jeans hadn't been removed thankfully.

Escape proved to be useless as her wrists and ankles were tied with straps to each end of the table. Her hips wriggled as she tried to loosen the leather bonds.

She stopped her struggling moments later when a middle aged guy with dark hair strolled in through the door on the other side of whatever this room was.

"I'm infected, just thought you should know that before you try anything". Cedar exclaimed, trying to keep the man distracted.

"I already saw the mark on your arm, looks fake as hell to me". The man said.

"Why don't you quit fucking around, and you'll find out". Cedar threatened, baring her teeth in warning. 

She highly doubted that the infection could be passed on if the infectee like herself was still living but it was worth a shot.

The man chuckled as he rubbed a hand up Cedar's thigh, causing her leg to twitch nervously.

Cedar kept her game face on as she spoke. "I'm sorry I intruded, just let me go and no harm done".

The man shook his head as his warm hand slid under Cedar's tank, passing over her jutted out ribs and belly.

"Please, I don't want this". Cedar pleaded. Being on her own since she was a child, she'd come across many creeps over the years, but nothing this close before.

"Alden Wright, that's my name. I have my way, you'll be screaming it soon enough". The guy called Alden spoke in a husky voice.

Seeing that Alden was getting close to her jeans button and zipper, Cedar jerked her left leg from it's restraint and kicked the creep in the face.

She managed to get her other leg and both wrists out before hopping off the table and rushing out of the thankfully unlocked door and out into the main hallway.

Alden groaned from the kick as Cedar booked it through another doorway that led to a dining hall, she felt for her boot knife and breathed a sigh of relief that she still had it.

Cedar ducked underneath one of the tables just as her would be rapist came barreling in, red in the face from apparent anger as his nose dripped with blood.

"Cedar, come out and play!". He yelled out, making Cedar shiver from her hiding spot. 

Alden then turned away so his back was facing the dining hall, allowing Cedar to get out from under the table and lunge at him from behind.

Unfortunately she wasn't quick enough and Alden easily threw her on the hard floor, getting on top of her before she could crawl away.

The teen could only make unintelligible whimpers and cries as one of Alden's hands gripped her wrists above her head whilst the other grappled for her button and zipper.

Cedar balked as she made the mistake of pulling her head up, coming face to face with Alden's hardened penis. Her jeans and underwear were ripped down to pool at her ankles.

After that all she felt was utter pain and agony as Alden pushed inside her without hesitation, her back was being crushed against the floor as her body jolted from his harsh thrusts.

The last thing she felt was Alden pulling out of her and picking her up before her vision went hazy as she passed out.

She woke again some time later, her weak body was curled up inside a chain link fence cage, this room was totally unfamiliar though and she hoped Alden hadn't moved her to another location.

One dazed look over at Alden's smug face was enough for Cedar to fall unconscious once more.

The months passed by in a blur, after her first assault at Alden's hands he thankfully hadn't touched her afterwards, leaving her locked up in a chain link cage.

On one particular day Alden came to her cell in a surprise visit. not liking the look in his eyes, Cedar pressed herself to the very back of her cage in an attempt to get away.

Alden laughed at her fear as he unlocked the door and knelt down, not moving any further as he gestured for her. "Come on gorgeous, I thought you could use a little walk".

Cedar shook her head in defiance as the door creaked open and a girl who was armed with a pistol entered, placing a finger to her lips as she locked eyes with Cedar.

The blonde crept behind Alden and pressed her pistol to the back of his head, killing him instantly and spattering herself and Cedar with his blood.

Cedar backed away as the stranger crept forward with her hand outstretched, the traumatized teen took it and allowed the girl to help her stand.

"I'm Brooklyn, my uncle Tony and I are gonna get you back home". Brooklyn said as she led Cedar outside, where a man with greying blonde hair was waiting.

"Cedar It's alright, I'm friends with Boone". The guy called Tony spoke softly.

"Yeah, Brooklyn told me". Cedar gestured towards the blonde girl wearily.

"What do you say we get you back home?". Tony smiled.

As he took Cedar by the hand, a mysterious brand crept out from his right arm when his shirt sleeve rode up as they walked.