Chapter 4: Starless Night (good book)

5th October 2013 Canadian base, Afghanistan

9h00 AM. I needed to wait three fucking months to return to combat, but I'm here now, getting ready to kill some terrorist with my new squad... I honestly want to get to know them, so I got to ask questions such as where are you from or other shit like that... 

10h00 AM. Because I'm a hero now, Sgt. Williams will send me on a mission to infiltrate the enemy's base to get intel on what they are planning. Because we haven't received any attack in the three last months, which is fucking weird. And even if I'm still a bit injured, Lieutenant Thomas gave me the green light. Sgt. Williams will explain me in more details what I will need to do: First of, I'm gonna land on the enemies base with the enemy uniform (we all know it's a war crime, but they've done things that shouldn't be done by mankind). 

6th October 2013 D DAY

10h00 PM. It's the d day, I'm in their uniform, it's fucking ugly, but it's the best we could have. Sgt. Williams told me that I will have to get into a silenced helicopter and land with a parachute, thankfully I got trained to land with a parachute.

11h00 PM. It's time, I'm fully stressed out. I embarked on a helicopter and let's go. We're now over the enemy's base, they haven't spotted us... Yet. I jump and the parachute it's not deploying!! I'm telling to myself that it's over, I'm gonna fucking die!! But then at the last ten meters above ground it's opening!!! I'm now on the roof, this uniform itches me as fuck! Now you may wonder: Wait... You don't speak Arabic, are you? Well in the hospital they taught me the base, so I'm fine. 

7th October 2013

12h34 AM. I finally see the intel!, I just have to...«مهلا ما هو الجدول الزمني لنوبتك الليلية?»... Me:«No time for this bullshit!!» I took my knife and sliced his throat... But I haven't looked around me, another terrorist saw me and tries to shoot me with AK-47! Quick, I shoot back and hit him in the chest. I take the intel and run for my life. Now I'm on the roof, but I'm surrounded, and they say things like:«أنت تحرك موتاك!» Or «استسلم ولن يحدث لك شيء!» But I throw a flare and say «fuck you!» The helicopter comes back and shoot them with the minigun. I'm now safe at the base and need some rest.