Lars Winkelbauer - Innovative Solutions To Air Cargo

The air cargo industry facilitates easy trade on a global scale. It makes a significant contribution towards economic growth in the local as well as international spheres. It might seem that flying is a quick, safe and inexpensive way when it comes to transporting goods. But it must also be understood that the process produces a lot of carbon dioxide.

People have realized that the upcoming challenge for this industry is to cut down on the significant carbon footprint that it is generating. It is so because it causes a lot of environmental damage. Various studies and developments are being carried out to present innovative solutions that can help cut down on the carbon footprint that is being generated by this industry.

Studies before the pandemic have shown that over 100,000 flights happened every day worldwide, carrying close to $18.6 billion worth of goods. Post-pandemic, the numbers have seen a rapid increase. As a result, the amount of carbon dioxide that was being released into the environment has also significantly increased. Focusing on a greener and cleaner future, it is imperative that steps to decarbonize the air cargo industry be implemented. elaborates on such approaches.

Environmentally friendly, innovative practices in the air cargo industry

Use of Sustainable aviation fuels

These happen to be the fuels that are made from eco-friendly materials. They happen to have a lot of features in common with regular fossil fuels in terms of how they function chemically. If these replace regular jet fuel, they can produce significantly less carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. When compared to traditional jet fuels, they can cut down on carbon emissions by about 80%. Depending on the way the fuel is made, sustainable aviation fuel can also be blended with traditional fuel and have A significant environmental impact.

Cleaner approach to air and on-ground vehicles involved in air cargo fleet

When it comes to the air cargo industry, the fleet consists of planes, trucks, drones, and more. Using a cleaner system can help cut down on carbon dioxide emissions greatly. These fleets can be run on electricity, hence signifying the cleaner approach.

Transition into a greener infrastructure

In order to reduce the emission of carbon dioxide from industry, it is important that a sustainable approach may even be included in the infrastructure involved. This may involve many steps, such as, moving of the facilities, terminals and warehouses beside the offices. The approach can be planned in a way such that it makes efficient use of less energy and much more.

Conclusion

Reducing the carbon emissions from the air cargo industry may involve the inclusion of various measures. It might seem to be an expensive investment at the moment, but it can have a great impact in the years to come. It also benefits the environment and drives consumer satisfaction. Gain further information about the topic in .