The Gifted Season 2 episode 13

Laurrn struggled to stay awake. She knew if she would fall asleep. She would dream. If she dreamed, Andy would be there waiting for her, wanting to talk.

It was a downhill battle between sleep and drinking cafine.

She felt him trying to be more concerning than their usual disagreements. She attacked him and won in their dream previously.

'Why was he like this? Why now? What changed?' Lauren thought to herself.

Lauren walked into the kitchen for more coffee. As her mom was giving her dad his medicine for his powers. Lauren understood the risk her dad was at but didn't want to think about it.

"More coffee, Lauren? You need to get some sleep." Caitlin worriedly looks at Lauren.

"I'll be okay."

As Caitlin and Reed continue to worry about Lauren, a portal opens up. Clarice comes through. "Clarice?" Caitlin asks worriedly.

"I need your help. My friend, she's been shot." Clarice explains the situation as Lauren assured her mom she would be okay.

Clarice leaves with Caitlin and Marcos.

Lauren's POV

Rain fall. Andrea's music box is playing soothing music. As I heard dad walk into the room and towards the music box, I asked him not to close it.

"Lauren, I told you. I don't like you having this out or the music playing." Dad scolds.

"It's soothing. Like I feel stronger and more powerful with it."

As dad approached, he seemed off little less than usual due to his medicine, but he seemed scared.

"Dad? Are you sure you're okay? Is your medicine still working?"

"Don't worry about me, honey. I have this under control." Dad walks to the door, shutting off the light, "good night, Lauren."

11:59pm

The effects of caffine were no longer taking affect on me. I felt more sleepy than earlier. The rain, of course, wasn't helping. I rubbed my cheek to trying to distract myself. Running out of my caffine drink, I sat at my little work desk and felt myself drift off.

Walking up a flight of steps to the parking garage rooftop, Andy stood there. He saw me before I could officially see him. "Lauren! I've been waiting."

"No, no stop." I try to force myself awake, but reened up in the dream standing now close to Andy.

"Your back!"

"This needs to stop. I'm never joining the inner circle."

Andy put up a defensive hand out, "woah, just listen to me. I was okay, I don't want to fight you anymore."

Andy seemed like he deeply meant it. Perahps, our time apart has changed us. Our bond was undeniable; however, I still didn't know if it was true. "Than, what do you want?"

"I just want you to be happy." Andy looked at me, "Do you remember what it was like when we were kids? How happy we were. I miss that." This was really Andy talking.

"Me too."

Andy nods happily, "we can have it again, just us. Mom and dad are getting in our way. They never understood us, our connection. I miss who we were when we were together. I miss fenris."

"So do I."

Andy walked over, grabbing my hand. "Let's be fenris! We can do anything we want here. We can let go, no harm, no deaths. Just us."