Character Information

FULL BIRTH NAME: Bayan Badawi

FULL LEGAL NAME AND PREFERRED NAME: Bayan Badawi

ALIAS: Saber

CURRENT AGE: 33 years (could be younger or older depending on the timeline, but generally, she is in her late twenties to early thirties)

GENDER: Cisgender Female

GENDER IDENTITY: Female

SPECIES: Human Avatar

ETHNICITY: Caucasian

HERITAGE: Half-Jordanian, Half-Egyptian

NATIONALITY: Jordanian, Egyptian, American

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Bayan is an avatar for the Egyptian Goddess Bastet, so she has the ability to turn into a cat and has cat-like abilities. She also has a connection to cats and can summon them to make them do her bidding.

SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Heterosexual

MARITAL STATUS: Dependent on timeline

OCCUPATION: Clinical Therapist

PLACE OF BIRTH: Irbid, Jordan

PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Cairo, Egypt

MORAL ALIGNMENT: Chaotic Good

RELIGION: Ancient Egyptian Religion

APPEARANCE: Bayan is described as having long brunette hair with ringlets. She has light tan skin with a small amount of light freckles on her face and is of average height. She is also slightly above average weight. The color of her eyes is dark brown.

PORTRAYER: May Calamawy

SUPERSUIT (not made by me; found on Polyvore; I only added the cat ears from PicsArt):

CHARACTER ARC SUMMARY: Bayan Badawi was born in Irbid, Jordan to an Egyptian mother and a Jordanian father

CHARACTER ARC SUMMARY: Bayan Badawi was born in Irbid, Jordan to an Egyptian mother and a Jordanian father. She had a twin brother named Odion who she was very close with. When Bayan was six years old, her mother got into a car accident and suffered from severe brain damage. Her mother’s struggle with mental illness is what motivated her to become a clinical therapist. Bayan’s father became distant from his children after his wife’s death because he struggled with depression, but he did his best to care for his children. A few days after their mother’s death, Bayan and Odion found an abused cat wandering around their neighborhood and took it in. Cats became a very important and symbolic part of Bayan’s life.
  When Bayan turned eighteen years old, she went to college because she wanted to get a degree, and her brother stayed home to care for their father. This led to an estrangement between Bayan and Odion because he thought that she should stay to help him take care of their father. While Bayan was away at college, her father passed away, and her brother blamed her for it, even though he secretly felt guilty for their father’s death. Years passed. Bayan received a scholarship to Queen Mary University of London and moved there to obtain her degree in psychology. After obtaining her degree, she began a successful career in London as a clinical therapist, but she never formed any meaningful connections with her patients, or anyone in general, and cats became her only family. She was lonely. She had no friends and no love life. Until her favorite cat, Rajah, ran away and wandered into a gift shop, where she became interested in Egyptian Mythology.
  Things seemed to be looking up. Because of this, she decided to reach out to her brother and check on him, only for him not to answer. After several days of him not answering, she grew worried about him and decided that she would visit him. She traveled to America with her cat and checked into a pet-friendly hotel so that she could prepare to surprise her brother next day. In the middle of the night, she woke up to her cat literally speaking to her, telling her that she would was a descendant of Bastet, the Egyptian Goddess of protection, pleasure, and good health. Thinking that she was going crazy, Bayan showed up at her brother’s doorstep asking to be checked into a mental institution. Bayan explained the entire situation to Odion, who thought that she was crazy, but took her in to take care of her because he was concerned.
  Thinking that her mental health was going to get in the way of her love life, she cut off everyone and gave up on her love life. She did, however, eventually come to terms with everything and learned how to control her special abilities. She also formed an amicable relationship with Bastet and ultimately found love, gaining a husband and a happy life.

PERSONALITY AND CHARACTER ANALYSIS: Bayan Badawi is a kind soul with a tender heart who has the ability to empathize with people on a deep level. She does not wear her heart on her sleeve but she has a great skill for dealing with people. She is very good at de-escelating conflict and making peace, even if she cannot find peace within herself.
She is very protective of people whom she cares about and will do whatever it takes to keep them safe. Though she is open to new relationships and wants to help people, she can sometimes be closed off. Her core personality traits are her empathy, her loyalty to her loved ones, and her strength.

𓃀𓄿𓇌𓄿𓈖𓐍𓃀𓄿𓂧𓄿𓅃𓇋

The collage above was made by the author (me)