Chapter 12

There's something about silence that is both comforting and frightening at the same time

There's something about silence that is both comforting and frightening at the same time. With silence comes peace that is followed by the echoes of the horrors and pain that rattle inside one's mind. Willow had been suffering in silence since Noah's visit and upon Charlie's insistence she had temporarily moved in with the Cullen's. They all knew what had happened but Bella, who was Willow's only focus. The red head was falling into a precipice, one of her own dark emotions that were consuming her every thought.

It wasn't easy to watch her cousin drift away into nothing, her once bright face was sunken, her eyes resembled that of dark stones with no life inside them. Willow felt a part of herself drifting away with Bella during each passing day. Maybe that was why Esme was feeding Willow every chance she had, maybe she looked just as lifeless as Bella.

Koda had left for London. Stating that the Academy had the oldest text known to date. If there was any information that could Bella then it would be there. It took Willow convincing him that she would be okay and safe while he was gone. He updated the ward before he left, unsure of when exactly he would return.

Jasper was keeping a distance from Willow. And it was killing Willow.

With the pack waiting just outside the wards the Cullens couldn't hunt. It was starting to take a toll on them. Their eyes had turned black and Willow's presence was putting her at risk. She still had Leah, Seth, and Paul who she hung out with but it was different.

She missed Koda and Jasper.

"Are you cold?" Edwards voice broke Willow out of her dazed trance, her head snapping towards Bella who was shuddering slightly. Willow quickly moved to take that she was wrapped in to give to Bella but Jacob moved faster.

"I got it." Jacob scooted over until he was holding Bella who sighed and smiled at him brightly. "Don't do that."

"What?" Bella questioned and Willow suddenly felt like eavesdropping on a private conversation. Willow shifted her eyes to Jasper who was sitting across from her, his messy blonde hair was tied up into a bun, and his eyes were a deep ebony color. It had almost been a month since he had fed, since any of them had fed, but he had a small smile on his lips.

"I love you." He muttered in a whisper, just for Willow to hear, making her smile stretch high enough to reach her ears.

"I love you too." She returned the gesture blowing a kiss, making Emmett fake gag next to Jasper.

"We need to find a way to get food into her system." Esme's voice made Willow turn her attention back to Bella who was dry heaving into the trash can.

"If only I could see the fetus.." Alice started.

"The baby." Rosalie interjected.

"Maybe I could figure out what it wants." Alice continued as if her sister never spoke. Bella looked weak enough to pass out there on the couch and Willow pitied the shape she was in.