Christmas

A few quiet months left and came with the occasional letter from James.

Right before his Christmas break was coming up, he sent Juniper a letter.

He sent her a letter?

Either way, she opened with an eye roll, her hands traveling up to the flap to open the letter.

My little sister, I hope you had a terrible past few months since I haven't been there. But anyway, a few friends I made at Hogwarts are going to come over for the holidays. I was wondering if you could help me out just for once? Well, I just want you to make cookies, you know, for my friends? And if you could help clean up the guestroom? Thank you, Juni! And if you do, I'll give yo a big kiss when I come home!

mwah! James Fleamont Potter

She rolled her eyes before grimacing at the misspelled "you" and the kiss she might get if she helps.

"What have you got there, Juniper?" Her father asked, his eyes changing from the letter to her face.

"A letter from James," he asked of a favor." Juniper responded, placing the letter on the table.

"You'll do best to do it. He's coming home after almost a year!" Her mother yelled from the kitchen.

"It's only been like, four months. It hasn't even been six." She mumbled, looking down at the letter before her eyebrow crumpled in thought.
"How many of his new friends is he bringing over, Pa?" She hoped at least one of them would be a girl, but she scratched that thought out because her brother? Making friends with a girl? Impossible.

"Uh, I believe three?" Her father responded.

"Three boys in the house! How exciting!" Her mother yelled from the kitchen again.

"Not for me." Juniper grumbled.

"Anyway, Juni. What did he ask of you?" Her father asked, his chocolate brown eyes staring back into hers.

"To bake cookies and help clean up the guestrooms. It's not a hassle really but, for James?" Her face grimaced unknowingly.

Fleamont let out a hearty laugh, "Juniper! If you won't do it for him, then do it for me." A sweet smile went across her father's face. The one that always made her feel at ease.

She nodded, responding with the same smile. She'll do it for her pa.

><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><

She had finished cleaning up the guestrooms not too long ago and immediately began working on the cookies.

Her pa and mother went to go retrieve James and his flipping pirate crew.

She rolled her eyes as she made snowball cookies. Rolling them into balls and placing them on the platter and into the oven.

She became lost in thought as she continued to make the next batter, bringing out and placing the latter into the oven.

While she was dumping them in powdered sugar, she heard the front door open and in came running James.

"Oh, Juni!" He yelled, running for his baby sister.
"James, no! I have powdered sugar all over me!" She yelled, which made him stop mid run because she had never yelled before.

"Oh, alright?" He said, confused about why but then looked down at the kitchen island and saw two batches of cookies.

"How many did you make?!" He asked excitedly.

"Twenty per batch." Juniper responded, putting the finished cookies on a platter.

"James! Come help with your friends' things!" Their father yelled from the outside.