⩇⩇:⩇⩇

"hey, where's (l/n)?" my head lifted from where i'd been writing madly, trying to finish the story that i'd questioned mirko on madly for almost an hour on two night before that. 

"here," i raised my hand and stood, dropping my pen as my boss called me over with a waving hand. he was on the phone, so i gave him a look and he shook his head with wide eyes as he continued speaking.

"yes, sir. yes. thank you very much! uh-huh. alright- you too. okay, here she is," he passed the phone to me, passing by me to go back to his desk. 

"wait- who is it?" i asked with wide eyes as i held the device with a tight grip. he grinned widely and grabbed my shoulders.

"pro-hero hawks! i don't know what you did, (l/n), but good work!" he patted me on the head and walked away as i lifted the phone to my ear.

"hello? (l/n) speaking," i said after a minute, clearing my throat. a pause.

"hey, (y/n)!" i blanched silently, looking around.

"uh, hi. no offense, mr. hawks, but why are you calling me?" another pause.

"i had a question for a journalist and mirko recommended i ask you since i could just ask for you by name," he explained and i nodded, not really understanding. he had journalists around him every second of the day; why didn't he just ask one of them? i was sure they'd jump at the opportunity.

"okay, go ahead," i said instead, not really in authority to question the number two hero, who could probably buy the entire company and all of its employees hundreds of times over.

"you all are assigned certain heroes to do stories on, correct?" i nodded and then, remembering that he couldn't see me, gave a verbal response.

"how do they decide which heroes you get? who do you have is really what i should've asked," he continued, a loud flapping sound coming through the phone immediately after.

"well, they just assigned me a handful when i first started working here, only because the other reporters had taken one hero off of the roster they already had, which gave me mine, if that makes sense," i said, mumbling slightly. he hummed lightly.

"who are the heroes that you are assigned, (y/n)?" i paused.

"mirko, kamui woods, gang orca-" he cut me off with a huff.

"who has me?" i stopped again.

"hold on," i quickly put the phone down on the table and hurried over to ami, who was half-asleep on her desk as she rewatched footage of an edgeshot fight she'd recorded earlier. she sat up as i walked over, leaning on her desk.

"who's assigned as hawk's reporter?" i asked quickly. ami give me a look and then glanced around, moving her head this way and that for who she was looking for.

"well, she's not here right now, but her name is amanda herring," ami said, yawning as she moved back to lay down on her desk. i practically ran back over to the phone, picking it back up and giving a breathless greeting.

"oh, hey! i was starting to think you'd bailed on me," hawks laughed from the other end of the line, visible wind audible in the background. i giggled and then spoke.

"the reporter you asked about, her name is amanda herring," i said, hoping that i'd recalled her name right.

"okay. one more question; how does one get their heroes transferred?" i furrowed my eyebrows.

"what do you mean, mr. hawks?" he sighed and then hummed as he thought.

"oh, well like how all the reporters at the beginning picked out one of theirs to be given to you? was there another reporter before you and if so, what happened to them? like how do you transfer heroes from one reporter to another- simple enough," he said carelessly as a door closed in the background.