Why are you acting like this?

Chases POV

I feel Isaac move my pant leg up ever so slightly, I hear him sigh. He gets up and leaves the room, when I hear him talking to someone on the phone I open my eyes and look at where he moved my pant leg. I can see one line.

shit.

I get up quickly and walk out of the living room to see him on the phone. As he sees me he says quickly. "Yeah Chase just woke up I'll talk to you soon, yeah let me know when you get home dad."

"Was that your Dad?" I ask. "Or was it Nick or Charlie."

He looks taken aback from my abrupt comment and looks down. I don't think I really wanted to say it but it slipped out, so now I have to roll with it.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"I felt you move my pant leg." I say. "Don't lie i heard some of the phone call."

"Chase in english I put my hand on your thigh to try and calm you down as you looked so anxious and you winced, when I checked I saw it." He says. "I love you and I want you to be safe.

"Isaac I never asked you for that, ever." I say. "My mental health is none of your concern unless I make it your concern."

"Chase, I am your boyfriend whatever your concern is my concern and vice versa." He says. "I love you so much and I don't want you to suffer anymore."

"Yeah cause that's actually your thoughts." I scoff.

"What!" He says. "Bro, why are you acting like this?"

I feel his words hit me like a bus. Why am I acting like this?

Isaac's POV

I regret the words as soon as they come out of my mouth, Chase stands there for a second taken about by what I said. Tears pool in his eyes and he walks back into the living room. I want to follow him, I want to make sure he is okay but I can't, i'm the reason he's mad at me right now. I wait ten minutes before I decide to go and talk to him. I peek around the corner and see him asleep on the couch. I quietly walk up to my room and grab my blanket and pillow and walk back down, I put the pillow under his head and a blanket over him.

I then leave the room and wait at my dining table for him to wake up. A few hours later he appears out of the doorway.

"Hey." He says

"How did you sleep?" I ask.

"Better, but only because someone put a pillow and blanket over me." He says, a small smile appearing on his face.

"Look." I say. "I'm really sorry I should of talked about it with you, I won't do that again that was a major breach from me."

"It's okay." Chase says. "I was planning on telling them anyways to be honest, you just helped speed up the process."

"Know you can tell me about stuff like this." I say. "Please let me know when your struggling I want to help you as much as I can, I know we're only young but if I can do everything I can then I am glad to try and help you Chase, I care about you so much and seeing you struggling like this really scared me but I want to help your wellbeing heighten."

"Isaac." He says. "I know you want to help but I know i'm strong enough to not have to need help, it might not seem like it but i've struggled like this for so long it's usual and it's seasonal, just let me let it pass."

I bow my head down. 'Just let me let it pass' rings throughout my body, this isn't a new occurring thing. This has been tormenting and hurting him for so long and now I can't do anything because, he doesn't want my help. He turns my head towards me and looks me in the eye. He rests his lips on mine, he pours into me. I want to continue but all I can think about is how he is feeling right now. How horrible he has been doing it since he was a small child. A small child does not deserve that, a small child does not deserve those thoughts.

He pulls away and asks. "Do you not want to?"

"No I do." I say. "Just, I'm really worried about you Chase."

"Isaac I told you, that you didn't need to be." He says. "I'm doing fine."

"No your not." I say bluntly. "You and I both know that isn't it and frankly I want to help you but you want nothing to do with me in that department."

"Isaac."

"No Chase." I say. "I am your boyfriend and frankly we are teenagers and can't control all aspects of our lives to an every day extent but I want to help you and make sure your okay, your to much of a kind soul to go through this but things happen, things have happened."

"Isaac, stop."

"No you need to understand that so many people are here for you." I say.

"I know I just." He says. "I really struggle with that, when I was growing up it was always spotlight on Charlie and Tori which is fine they needed as much as they could but I felt like I had to be the perfect kid to help Mum and Dad."

We sit in silence for a moment and awkwardness fills the room, eagerly wrapping around us.