prologue - Gojo Clan's Disgrace

"Satoru-sama could've been the strongest."

"Why was that thing born with him? The freak is Satoru-sama's identical twin but they don't even look alike."

"If only it didn't exist."

These were the things Douma heard daily. He was used to it. He didn't care. He never cared. Like they said, he was the reason Satoru wasn't as strong as he should be.

Douma was the disgrace of the Gojo Clan. He wasn't given a name. Douma was a name he had given himself. Douma didn't know why but the name sounded right. The Gojo Clan was so ashamed of him that his existence was kept a secret. Not many clan members know of his existence, not even his twin Gojo Satoru.

Gojo Satoru was born with Six Eyes and Limitless, the first person to inherit both in four hundred years. Six Eyes paired with Limitless should make him the strongest sorcerer. Being born with immense curse energy, he was supposed to be the pride of Gojo Clan. It should be celebrated, if Douma wasn't born minutes after.

Identical twins had always been a bad omen for sorcerers. The overall curse energy is shared between two bodies, leading to both of them being weaker sorcerers. To make the matter worse, Satoru's Six Eyes was rendered useless because of Douma. Without the ability of Six Eyes, Satoru couldn't utilize his Limitless to its full potential.

Both Satoru and Douma possessed Six Eyes. Satoru's Six Eyes were a beautiful vibrant blue, while Douma had a mutated version of Six Eyes which were rainbow in color. However, no two bearers of Six Eyes could exist at the same time. Adding to the fact that they were twins, Satoru's Six Eyes had mostly lost its ability. Only Douma could utilize Six Eyes.

What infuriated Gojo Clan the most was the fact that Douma, who could use Six Eyes, couldn't use Limitless. He couldn't even channel his own curse energy. No matter how many times he tried to do as the clan members said, he never understood how to do it. They said to use his negative emotions. But Douma didn't know what that meant. Negative emotions? He didn't understand emotions to begin with.

For as long as Douma remembered, Douma never really felt anything. He never felt happy nor did he feel sad. He tried to learn about emotions by observing. He had seen the elders being angry over him wasting the potential of Six Eyes. He had seen servants being disappointed in him. Douma had seen the clan members being excited that Satoru could use his curse energy to make an explosive energy blast. He had seen them being proud that Satoru could kill a grade 2 curse spirit at the age of five. Douma could distinguish what were positive and negative emotions based on his observations. He just never felt them.

When the Gojo elders realized his issue, they began giving him 'lessons of negative emotions' when he was six years old. Sometimes they would starve him. Sometimes they would whip him. They told him it was for his own good. Those lessons were to help him learn to feel negative emotions and allow him to use his curse energy. Douma didn't see anything wrong with that logic. He obediently endured those 'lessons' everyday.

The 'lessons' hurt. But Douma didn't feel any different than usual. Pain didn't bother him much. Douma thought those lessons were not helping. However, Douma could see the clan members seemed to enjoy inflicting pain onto him. They were laughing when they hit him. Laughter was a good thing, right? Laughing meant happiness, and being happy was a good thing. Douma still couldn't feel anything but he didn't mind helping people feeling happy. Therefore, he continued to attend those 'lessons' even though he thought they were useless.

It was the same every day, until a year later, his nosy brother suddenly barged into his room.

His life had been different ever since.

~~~

Author's note:

I suddenly got an idea to write this. The chapters will be longer later on. But I'll likely finish writing my other jjk fanfic before continuing to update this. I look forward to writing more of this fic later. I'll see if anyone are interesting in reading more of this.

(To my lovely Kikufuku Mochi and Kimono readers if you found this, I know I said I was taking a few weeks break from writing. I really am. I just couldn't help but write some more and suddenly start a new fic. haha. Kikufuku Mochi and Kimono  is still my main fic though.)