Chapter: 41-50

Chapter 41

When Liu Yien came out of the house, she saw Liu Yian fiddling with the radio he had just given her.

"Sister, what are you doing?"

"I want to see if I can get any radio stations now."

"It's already eight o'clock, I guess there aren't any, everyone should be off work."

"You have a point." Liu Yian put away the radio.

The brother and sister sat in the yard and chatted. Liu Yien looked at the time. It was already eight forty-five, fifteen minutes before the time agreed between Luo Zhixuan and him.

He thought for a moment and said to Liu Yian, "Sister, shall we go out for a walk?"

"Walk? Now?" Liu Yian asked in surprise.

"Yes, right now."

"...Where are you going out at night?"

"That's because we're going out at night. I've only seen the production team during the day. If we go out at this time, we might see something different." Liu Yien thought of a solution.

After thinking about it carefully, he found that what he said made sense, so Liu Yian agreed.

The brother and sister went out, and Liu Yien walked ahead. He intentionally or unintentionally led Liu Yian to the end of the village. The place Luo Zhixuan told him was by a small river not far from the end of the village.

The two walked slowly along the way, and it took about ten minutes to reach their destination.

"Not going anymore? What are you doing by the river?" Seeing Liu Yien stop, Liu Yian asked in confusion.

"Sister, close your eyes first." Liu Yien said as Luo Zhixuan had told her before.

"Ah? Close your eyes? Why do you close your eyes?"

"Oh, don't ask first, close your eyes first."

Liu Yian had no choice but to close her eyes first as he said.

Seeing that she had closed her eyes, Liu Yien ran to squat in the grass not far away. Unexpectedly, there were two little radishes in the grass.

"Hey...you two are here too?" Liu Yien said in a low voice with her throat lowered.

"Yes, Brother Yien, Xiaohuzi and I are here to help my uncle." Xiaogouzi also answered him in a low voice like Liu Yien.

Liu Yien nodded and asked, "So what surprise did your uncle prepare for my sister?"

"Just..."

"Brother Yien, you watch here, you'll know in a while!" Xiaohuzi stopped Xiaogouzi before he could finish his words. He remembered that his uncle had just told them not to let anything slip.

"Okay."

Since he couldn't find out, he had to continue hiding here and watching.

Here, Liu Yian closed his eyes and didn't hear Liu Yian's voice.

"Yien? What are you doing?"

"Why don't you say anything? Yien? Can I open my eyes now?"

No one answered, Liu Yian didn't wait any longer and opened his eyes.

"Wow..."

Many fireflies flew out from the grass in front of them. The earth looked like a huge black cloth. The fireflies flying everywhere shone with silver light, like silver threads inlaid on the cloth.