┊008

──────═❀═──────
『 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝟖 』
──═❀═──
『 final moments 』

As Kakashi lay wounded, Sakura's cry pierced the air, but I remained silent, my focus solely on the unfolding battle. Zabuza's taunts echoed through the mist, his words dripping with sadistic satisfaction.

"You were slow on your guard, Kakashi," Zabuza sneered. "Your desire to save those brats has clouded your judgment. Even with your Sharingan, you've become predictable."

As Zabuza spoke, I felt a surge of confidence welling within me. "Haku will not defeat my brother, nor will Naruto fall easily," I asserted, my voice steady despite the tension in the air.

"Sasuke won't be easy for someone like that masked kid to defeat! Neither will Naruto!" Sakura chimed in, her determination matching my own.

Kakashi nodded in agreement, his faith unwavering. "I have faith in them and their strengths," he affirmed. "Naruto's unpredictability, Sasuke's lineage, and Misaki's... Misaki's..." Kakashi trailed off, his words faltering momentarily before he continued. "Misaki is Sasuke's sister, and her loyalty and skill are unmatched."

As the realisation sank in, Sakura and I exchanged a glance, our expressions mirroring a mix of shock and determination.

"You don't mean--" Zabuza began, his voice trailing off in disbelief.

"Yeah, that's right," Kakashi confirmed. "Their full names are Misaki and Sasuke Uchiha. They carry the legacy of the Uchiha clan, including its powerful Kekkei Genkai."

Zabuza's acknowledgment of our lineage only fueled the intensity of the moment. "So they are the survivors of that tragic clan," he mused darkly. "Sasuke may indeed be Haku's equal. No one has ever penetrated the secret of Haku's techniques until now... No one."

With Zabuza's departure into the swirling mist, tension hung heavy in the air. "He's gone!" I shouted, my senses heightened as I scanned our surroundings.

"Sakura, Misaki, stay alert," Kakashi commanded, his voice calm yet urgent. "Don't move an inch. I'll finish this as quickly as I can."

With Kakashi's assurance, we stood firm, ready to face whatever came our way, our determination unwavering despite the looming threat.

Kakashi bounded off into the mist and I heard him say. "Come out Zabuza!"

My heart began to rise in speed, whether it was adrenaline, fear or worry it made my heart race. I licked my lower lip in nervousness, waiting for Zabuza to come out of the mist.

As the blade descended towards Sakura, my instincts kicked in, a surge of energy coursing through me. With a swift motion, I turned, intercepting Zabuza's sword with my kunai just inches above my head, the impact sending vibrations through my arms.

"What's this? Awakening Sharingan now?" Zabuza's voice dripped with amusement, hidden behind his mask. "How interesting..."

My heart pounded in my chest as I locked eyes with Zabuza, the intensity of the moment palpable. But as Kakashi's urgent cry reached my ears, I made the fatal mistake of glancing aside, my focus momentarily diverted.

"Misaki!" Kakashi's voice pierced through the mist, a warning laced with desperation. In that split second, my heart sank as I realized my error, the consequences of my lapse in concentration becoming all too apparent.

As my gaze shifted, horror washed over me as I watched another figure emerge from the swirling mist, a blade poised to strike. Time seemed to slow as I registered the imminent danger, my mind racing for a solution even as my body tensed, bracing for the impact.