(1) A thing for musicians

1.

P.O.V. 3rd Person:

It was 12 A.M. when Nat, Sam, Alex and Clover were walking in the halls of Beverly Hills High School.

"So Sammy, any chance I could borrow your chasmere belly sweater tomorrow? Oh and Natty, can I wear some of your jewellery? You know, the ones with the pearls?" Clover asked Sam and Nat.

"Sure, why not." Nat answered followed with her sister's response, "Sure, that's what best friends are for."

Alex got irritated. "Hey what about me?"

They stopped walking and Clover replied, "Don't be crazy, Alex. We can't possibly wear Sam's sweater and Nat's jewellery at the same time. We'll totally stretch the sweater out and break the jewellery."

"No Clover, I meant, aren't I your best friend too?"

After understanding what Alex meant, Clover hugged her. "Aw, of course you are, silly. And that's why I'm going to borrow your leopard print sandals tomorrow."

Sam and Nat chuckled amused. They got confused when Clover gasped.

"Clover, what is it? What's wrong?" Alex asked when Clover pulled back and stood frozen for a second.

"Yeah, what's with all the drool?" Sam questioned as Nat waved her hand in front of Clover to get her out of this frozen state.

"I think, I think, I'm in love." She said and dropped her books to fall into Alex' arms who was behind her.

She quickly stood up again. "Must find out, who he is." She said in a monotone voice and went to the schoolyard which was connected to the hall.

The girls now understood what she meant when they saw her leaning against a blond boy who was playing guitar and sitting at the water fountain which was surrounded by girls who were listening to him playing. Her friends looked over to her when she started flirting.

"Is is me, or does Clover fall in love more often than Mandy maxes out her credit card?" Sam asked the two girls next to her who then agreed.

"I would say she is not the only one who is seeing someone right now." Alex said and looked over to Nat to give her a look.

"Oh, you mean Luke, right? I totally forgot to tell you. The date went well but we both think of eachother as friends."

Flashback

After Luke and Nat went out for a coffee like Luke suggested, they walked to Nat's home. They were quiet for the whole way until Luke spoke up,

"It was fun to go on a date with you and I had a great time, but...I think we should stay friends," he quickly continued before she could say anything, "Not that something is wrong with you! You're beautiful and so but it's just-"

He rambled fast but stopped when Nat put her hands on his shoulders.

"Hey, It's ok, don't worry about it, I totally understand. I think the same way." She chuckled lightly. "No offence, but you're not really my type."

Luke let out a breath. "I was scared for a second there." He had a small smile on his face. "Soo friends, right?"

Nat smiled softly at him. "Friends."

End of flashback

Nat continued, "And at the moment you-know-who sent him on a mission. That means I won't see him for a while. But I can and do text him some time, even tho he can only answer at night."