chapter ii

CHAPTER ii
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
It was mid June in the sizzling Michigan heat. And the UV was nearly a 10. Olivia couldn't have been more relaxed than she was right now. Not a single care or worry in the world.
Olivia yawned as she laid on a lawn chair on the dock of her lake house. Serena tanned next to her and was scrolling through her instagram feed. while Amelia was trying to make a playlist for this summer.
She heard boys rambunctious yells and laughs as the sun radiated onto her slightly tanned skin which made her eyes squint.
She knew the boys were nearing and would disrupt the peaceful moment with the three girls. "Hey Olivia!" She heard someone shout her name. Looking in the direction of the voice she realized it was Luke, and most of UMICH hockey team.
"Hi Luke!" She waved back as the boys stared in awe at the girl. The blazing summer sun had made Luke's brunette curls  turn almost blonde and his skin was lightly tanned.
He looked gorgeous, and her mind was a whirlwind as thoughts raced through, when she saw her childhood best friend glowing under the radiating sun. His smile was bright and so were his eyes twinkling.
She quickly realized that her gaze lingered a little too long at the boy, and quickly looked back down to her book. They were on the dock, and the hockey boys had to pass the girls. Since they were going on the boat to ride around the lake.
Olivia and the girl avoided eye contact as much as possible as the heavenly boys pass by eyeing the girls exposed bikini bodys up and down. Olivia felt weird about the longing glances the boys had given her.
She liked it but also wish that Luke would look at her like that. But recently it had seemed that he had little to no interest in hanging out. Since all of jacks friends were here, along with the hockey team. As well, Olivia had her friends here so she was pretty preoccupied herself. She hadn't crossed his mind, and felt a little upset since he was going to Jersey for hockey. And she wouldn't see him often.
But at least she had her bestfriends  to spend her days with tanning, shopping, napping, and making smoothies with. "Wanna go inside?" Serena questioned as Olivia and Amelia nodded her head and sat up.
"Why was it so awkward with luke?" Amelia questioned as Olivia glanced to her. "I dont know. Hes been shutting me out the more we get older" Olivia explained as her friend listened.
"He's an ass" Amelia scoffed as Olivia let a sigh leave her lips. "Yeah i know" She mumbled as they neared the house.
"Do you still like him?" Serena asked the girl smirking as Olivia's freckled cheeks flushed. "It's hard not to. he's the only guy i've ever liked." Olivialet out a small laugh as the girls smiled.
"I live for a childhood friends to lovers trope" Amelia teased the girl as she looked away embarrassed. A smile crept onto her face as they walked into the cool air conditioned house. "Of course you do" Olivia countered and walked over to the fridge and grabbed some strawberries.
"You two would literally be the cutest ever" Amelia squealed as the Grey girl rolled her eyes. "Yeah whatever" she shrugged and bit into the crimson red strawberry.
the girls grabbed one's as well and sat down at the kitchen island. They heard the door slide open and footsteps nearing. She turned her head to see her brother, Kai. "What are you doing here?" He questioned as she narrowed her eyes after him.
"i live here?" She asked back as Kai stared blankly at her. "I thought you were on the boat" he replied simply as he looked to her friends sitting at the island.
"No id rather have to deal with you than be on a boat with a bunch of college hockey players" she retorted as Kai laughed. "You like me better than lukey pookie?" He teased as she glared at him.
"Never say that again" she replied simply as he smirked. "Mhm sure, where's Ava?" he questioned as he went over to the fridge and grabbed a seltzer. "probably her room. you know mom's gonna kill you if she sees you with that right?" she replied
"What she doesn't know won't hurt her" he says sarcastically. "Why didn't you want to go on the boat with them?" He inquired and opened the can.
"Why are you nosey?" she asked as he laughed. He shrugged his broad shoulders. And walked back outside but not before ruffling her brunette hair. That he has always done. She tried to dodge his movements but was to late.
She glared at him and ate another strawberry. "Hes so annoying" Olivia huffed as the girls smiled. "be nice" Amelia let out a laugh and grabbed another strawberry.