Prologue

Does anyone read these stories? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't know. But, the song does NOT belong to me! Enjoy the prologue!

---------------------------------------------

Call it love and devotion

Call it a mom's adoration, foundation

A special bond of creation, ha

Nathan looked at the babies in his arms with loving eyes. He gave all three a small peck on the forehead. No matter what, he'd take care of them.

For all the single moms out there

Goin' through frustration

Clean Bandit, Sean da Paul

Anne-Marie, sing, make them hear

Nathan held his aching head as he stared at the documents in front of him. He wiped the blood running from his nose and picked his pen back up.

She works the nights by the water

She's gone astray, so far away

From her father's daughter

Nathan felt tears run down his cheeks as he sunk to his knees, The daffodils lying on the floor had been stepped on, so they were ruined. 

She just wants a life for her baby

All on her own, no one to come

She's got to save him (Daily struggle)

Pain coursed through his body, wracking his head as blood came out of his mouth and ran down his neck. No, he wouldn't allow it.

She tells him, "Ooh love,

No one's ever gonna hurt you, love

I'm gonna give you all of my love

Nobody matters like you" (Stay up there, stay up there)

Nathan hummed a lullaby to the sleeping two year old's, his voice soft and warm as he looked at his children. He loved them so much.

She tells him, "Your life

Ain't gon' be nothin' like my life (Straight)

You're gonna grow and have a good life

I'm gonna do what I've got to do" (Stay up there, stay up there)

A laugh escaped from the mouths of Nathan's ten year old children. Even though he wasn't the one that could make them laugh, as long as they were happy, he'd be fine. Even if it meant that he had to give up his heart for them.

So rockabye, baby, rockabye

I'm gonna rock you

Rockabye, baby, don't you cry

Nathan held Alex out of sight, a bullet piercing his leg. He bit back a scream and held his child closer, making sure to calm him down. His soft reassuring worked, as the ten year old did relax.

Somebody's got you

A tear escaped from Nathan's eyes as he pushed the four people out of the window, all of their eyes going wide. NO-

Rockabye, baby, rockabye

I'm gonna rock you

Rockabye, baby, don't you cry

Rockabye

Nathan picked up the light pink Peony, his gaze lingering on the Lily of the Valley. His children loved that flower, so he'd better plant lots of them, right?