Chapter One

Welp, have fun reading the chapter. (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) Also, time for you all to find out the timeline!

----------------

Taking a deep breath, Nathan stared at the budding Lily of the Valley he was growing in a pot, the soft glowing light from the bulb above casting a soft glow in the flower shop. His children's favorite flower, and a flower that reminds him of them. Cute, pretty, brings him joy. The meaning of the Lily of the Valley is joy, love, happiness, luck, purity, and sincerity.

He'd come to love them the most, yet also feel heartache while looking at them the most as well. Because, just like this flower, with alluring berries sweet and bright, are also poisonous. 

Nathan sighed.

How could he think that? His kids weren't poisonous, not at all. But, Nathan heard something from the room above.

A laugh escaped from the mouths of Nathan's ten year old children. Even though he wasn't the one that could make them laugh, as long as they were happy, he'd be fine. Even if it meant that he had to give up his heart for them.

He smiled slightly and sighed, looking back at the Lily of the Valley. To be honest, he preferred Peonies more. But, these were great. Yes, they must be one of the best types of flowers. He'd raise these flowers well for his children, he'd make sure to make them smile brightly.

The chime of a bell made Nathan look at the door and smile.

"Welcome, how may I help you?" Nathan asked.

To be honest, Nathan would've said his shop's name, but...it wouldn't really be the best. It was because of how long the name was, it being 'Rivaling the Defended Champion's Gifted Flower.' Look, Nathan decided the name the shop using the meaning of his and his kid's names.

Nathan's name meant gifted, while the words defended, champions, and rivaling came from the names of his children. The name Alexander, the oldest out of the triplets, meant defender, while Viktor's, the second eldest out of the triplets, which meant champion. And finally, the only daughter, Emily, which meant rival. 

Nathan sighed as he thought back to his sign. Should he change the name? Well, the shop had only been open for about eight years, and business was good. Shaking the thought away, Nathan stared at the bouquet of flowers.

It was a bouquet of black roses and lilies, with Red Spider Lilies as well in a second bouquet that held light Pink Carnations. The bouquet's were for the customer, who requested some for a funeral.

Black roses mean mourning, loss, mystery, and elegance. 

Lilies mean purity and fertility, but it can also mean rebirth, or a fresh life.

Red spider lilies mean last goodbye's or death of a loved one.

And finally, the light pink carnations mean gratitude and love.

When the Black Roses are in a bouquet with White Lilies, there can be multiple meanings, yet the meaning the customer was trying to convey was simple. I'll mourn your death but I'll also await your rebirth.

When the Red spider lilies and Pink Carnations enter the same bouquet, that also has a meaning. But, the meaning here is quite clear. Goodbye, I'm thankful for all that you've done, I love you.

Now, when those two different bouquets combine, it could have multiple meanings, yet one stuck with the customer. 

The message that's meant to say, I'm sad you're leaving, but I'm thankful that you've lived. I'll await your rebirth, just know that I love you.