SIXTEEN ➢ WYATT

I had a lie on the tip of my tongue before we even walked through the door. Well, Tom walked through the door... with me on his back.

He had gently set me down in the chair at the table, Rowan standing with his arms crossed over his chest and an eyebrow raised accusingly. Chloe stands next to him, her eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"So, you two have a hard time getting around the lake?" Chloe asks, her eyes on mine.

I roll my eyes. "I rolled my ankle in one of the holes from the muskrats."

Rowan scoffs, shaking his head.

"Idiot." He mutters before returning to the stove.

Chloe, on the other hand, remains unconvinced. Her eyes land on Tom as he re-enters the kitchen, changed into a pair of black sweatpants and a t-shirt.

I note that the mark on his wrist is on full display, but he doesn't seem to mind.

I'm still in the dress I was wearing earlier, deciding that I didn't need to change since it wasn't visibly dirty.

"Oh, you're Tom." She says, staring at him behind her glasses, tilting her head.

"That's me." Tom returns, nodding once.

"Dinner's almost done!" Rowan calls from the stove.

"So, tell me. What are your intentions with my sister?" Chloe asks, folding her arms on the table in front of her as Tom slides into the seat beside me.

I scoff. "Chloe, lay off. There's no need for the interrogating."

"I don't mind." Tom shrugs, clearing his throat as he moves in the chair. "I intend to keep her happy. I want to make sure she's satisfied."

"Oh, I'm sure she's more than satisfied." Chloe grumbles, propping her cheek on her hand. "Have you two had sex?"

I cough on air, though Tom remains composed.

"We have." He answers her, her face scrunching up in disgust.

"How long have you two been together?" She asks, quirking a brow.

"Almost four months." He responds, her face contorting with disapproval.

I furrow my eyebrows, thinking back to the night on the rooftop of the astronomy tower. That was just over three months ago...

"And you've had sex with him?" Chloe says, directing her attention to me. "Not even four months in."

"Chloe, my relationship isn't any of your business." I grumble, shooting her a warning glare.

For thirteen, she acts much older than her actual age.

"Mom and dad waited until after their wedding to have Rowan." Chloe points out, her head tilting.

"Yeah, well," I start, shrugging, "I'm not mom or dad."

Rowan enters the room, annoyed with the bickering already. He sets down a large plate lined with steak and vegetables, sitting down beside Chloe.

"Enough, you two." Rowan mutters. "Mom and dad aren't here, which means I shouldn't have to hear arguments until after they're back."

"Kaeda and I aren't staying for the entirety of our getaway." Tom says, stabbing into one of the pieces of steak before dropping it onto my plate.

I frown, confused.

"I wanted to take her somewhere as a surprise." He explains to my siblings, grabbing a steak for himself before returning to my plate to cut the meat. "We'd be on the other side of the world by this time in two days."