Chapter Two: Deals and Dealers

SPOILER WARNING: Major spoilers for Season 1 Finale episode of Hazbin Hotel 

Cover art, idea, and $request$ by Precisespace on Tumblr

Written by ViktheViking

For details on how you could request a story, click the link in my Tumblr bio @viktheviking1  

Valentino gave a performance of thinking about the offer, before reaching for Husk's outstretched hand. Just before they made contact, the doors once again swung open dramatically.

"Husker, really, have you learned nothing about how to make a deal with other demons?" The melody of an old timey radio played through Alastor's mouth as he walked in.

Husk and Valentino stood up simultaneously, Husk shouting, "The fuck-?!" And Val making squeaky distressed Moth noises.

"How did you-?" Husk began, but stopped as Alastor swung an arm around his shoulders.

"I saw you scuttling off in secret and while I thought about ripping your fingers off one by one . . . I decided to follow you! It's been such a long time since you dared disobey direct orders like this, I wanted to know what motivated you to act with such disregard for your own well being. And, well . . ."

Alastor pinched Husk's cheek like a disobedient child, "It just goes to show how even a broken slave can act foolishly when being misguided by the whims of the heart." 

He leaned down to his ear and spat, "How pitiful."

Husk brushed his hand away, "Enough of your monologuing. Your evil villain shit is getting old. What do you want?"

Alastor's ear twitched at being called out, but otherwise he remained calm, "I've come to collect my things."

Alastor unceremoniously picked up his cat around the waist with one arm and began walking back towards the doors that the twins were no longer guarding, "I'm going to make sure you remember that you are to stay on the hotel grounds."

“Wait, Alastor listen-” Husk started, hurriedly.

The doors opened for them without Alastor lifting a finger, and he walked through, “I’ve been listening for long enough. Your chances of winning are low, and your chances of keeping up the charade even lower.” He turned down his volume, “You can’t give them something you don’t have. Honestly, I’m doing us both a favor.”

Alastor continued walking down the empty hallway carrying Husk against his hip. Each security camera they walked past seemed to blink off until they were just out of sight, before their red recording lights turned back on.

“But-” Husk started.

“But what?” Alastor put him down and stared daggers into him, “You thought you could fool them just long enough to get your sleazy spider out of there? You thought when they came banging on the hotel’s doors for Sir Pentious, I would be there to clean up the mess you made? Just like I did for Mimzy?”

Husk looked down. He hated Alastor. There was no part of him that could empathize with him, he was sure. But being compared to Mimzy did make him feel like a pathetic piece of shit. Not to mention, all the people in the hotel that he did actually give a damn about.

“I decided to only give Mimzy a warning that if she were to ever pull such a stunt again, I’d leave her to the consequences of her actions. I did this because she’s earned my goodwill and at least some respect over the years.” He jabbed a sharp finger in Husk’s face, who flinched back, lest he be cut by it, “You, Husk, you miserable, worthless, sorry excuse for a demon, have earned nothing that you don’t deserve. What shall I do to squander this childish act of rebellion, hmm? Shall I pluck off all your feathers again? How much would you miss your teeth? I could keep them in a jar for a few decades before returning them to you. Or perhaps you would like to match Miss. Vaggie? I could cut off your wings entirely, and remove one of your eyes.”