Awakening

Kyle held open the door for you so you could both enter the ice cream shop, and were greeted by a worker. The both of you walked to the beginning side of the ice cream display. There was a sign that had given off the instructions on how to build your ice cream cone in 3 simple steps, starting with a cone, the flavor of ice cream scoop you'd like, and toppings if you wanted any.

Behind the glass display window had shown a pretty nice variety of the different flavors of frozen flavors available. You leaned more into Kyle's arm as you seemed a little indecisive with which coloring or flavor had seemed to appeal to you the most. "Hm..." You pondered over the different options given to you, were you willing to something new and out of the box, or just go with something you're familiar with?

"Whatcha' thinking?" Kyle looked down at you, seeing that you were having trouble looking between the different flavors. He already had known what he wanted, but was curious to see what you would be picking.

"Ooh.. I'm not sure if I want to go with something I'm familiar with, or something new and daring." You looked over the different flavors again, and felt a little more pressured when the employee had come over to help you guys.

"Hey guys, how can I help you today?" The employee said in a somewhat enthusiastic tone.

"I'll start with... A sugar cone." You spoke confidently, before glancing over the flavors again, and deciding that you'd just go with (flavor) of ice cream. "And a single scoop of (flavor) please! And if you can add (favorite topping) that would be amazing!"

"Alriiiight, and how about you?" The employee turned to Kyle now, who seemed to consider the flavor that you'd gotten, seeming a little interested in that flavor but with a caramel drizzle on top of it instead.

"I'll do the same, but can I get a caramel drizzle on top instead?" Kyle nodded in the direction of the employee, who quickly began to work on your guys' ice cream order.

"Copycat!" You teased Kyle, gently nudging him into the direction of the cash register to wait for the employee to finish your guys' request.

"Alright, alright. It sounded good, okay?" Kyle laughed softly, as he retrieved his wallet from his back pocket, and flipping through the bills that were in the larger pocket of the bifold.

"Woah woah, wait mister. I didn't say you could pay." You released your grasp from his hand, and tried to reach out to smack his hand away from his wallet to let you pay.

"I need your permission to do things?" Kyle raised a brow at you, before turning back to his wallet. "I wonder how I did things without your permission beforehand then." A slight coy smirk cornered his lips.

"Here you go ma'am." The employee reached out to hand you your ice cream cone that was finished now, and began to finish putting on the last toppings for Kyle's ice cream. The employee then came back with Kyle's finished ice cream cone and handed it over to the boy, who had a $10 bill pulled from his wallet.

Typing in different codes into the register, the cashier had then got the total figured out for the both of your single scoop ice cream cones. "Alright, the two single scoops on a sugar cone with one topping will come out to... $7.99." The employee had reached out and grabbed the $10 from Kyle, and the register clicked open for the employee to retrieve the change.

"Go ahead and keep the rest." Kyle nodded to the employee, who had given a warm smile in return.

"Have a creamy day!" The employee retrieved the change from the register, and put it into the tip jar instead.

"Come on, now." Kyle wrapped his free arm around your shoulders, and pulled you close as you both walked back outside of the shop, and down the sidewalk. A few moments of silence had passed as you both were so invested in enjoying your ice cream cones, savoring and enjoying the licks that each of you had taken.