🖤 Ong, Parents low-key suck

Ambrosius POV

"Ambrosius," says a stern voice from behind me as I am walking to the sparring room where Bal would be.

After the incident the Institute got a new ruler, a sweet ginger haired girl named Peru, who was no older than me. She was one step below the Director, so that made her qualified for the throne.

Peru quickly reinstated Ballister as a knight, but more importantly, she allowed him his original position of Major, one step down from me. In all fairness, he should have been Captain, but with his social status, the former queen knew it would have been a bad idea.

So now, Bal is my Major and he occasionally helps the sparring teacher given his impeccable track record of perfecting all his classes.

"What, Mother?" I ask, turning around.

She slightly rolled her eyes with a heavy sigh. "We're still doing this, Ambrosius? Honestly, you're captain of the Knights and you're acting like a child," she scoffed.

"Maybe I wouldn't act like 'a child'' if you stopped pestering me about marrying a girl," I seath at her.

"You have to know that it's just wrong, Ambrosius," she says. "You're a Captain, does that mean anything to you? Don't you realize that this- this man you think you're in love with would potentially be your downfall?"

I just look at her with a blank expression and half hooded eyes. "You done, Karen?" I ask, squeezing every ounce of gay pettiness I can muster.

She looks back at me in shock. "Excuse me?" She exclaims.

"You heard me," I retort back.

"But- but what about our bloodline, Ambrosius! You were the only child your father and I ever had! If you marry that- that peasant our line will end- Gloreth's line will end!" She frantically yelled.

"Okay? And? I never asked to be a descendant of Gloreth, Mom! Fuck, all you and dad ever cared about was making sure the bloodline continued, just like the former Director!" I yell back.

"That peasant killed the queen!" She yelled at me.

Oh, now she fucked up.

Straightening out my stance and reaching my full height of six foot three I stare her down.

"The fuck did you just say?" I say in a deadly calm tone. I can put up with a lot of shit;

Curse me out.

Beat me down.

Tell me I'm worthless.

Call me a fag.

Say I'm never going to do anything right in this kingdom.

So be it.

Let them tell me all these things, I love hearing how people are insolent assholes.
But the moment someone brings up Ballister.

Heh.

They're a dead man walking.

"You-" I start but get cut off by someone calling me- specifically my someone.

"Hey, Ambs!" Ballister cheerfully called as he jogs up to me.

He doesn't recognize that the women talking to me is my mother, so I had a small itty bitty idea to piss her off.

I swiftly grap his slim waist and bend him backwards, placing my lips against his as he giggles into our kiss.

I pull him back up and keep my hand on his waist. Only then does he realize that my mother is standing in front of us, slack jawed.

"Oh, hello Mrs. Goldenloin," Ball politely acknowledges her presence.

She just stares daggers at him.

There was a silence that hung around the three of us.

Cautiously, Ball intertwined our fingers together, and ever so slightly squeezed my hand, signalling that he wanted to leave.

"Well, as much as I loved this little chat, cause believe me, it's been a blast- we're going to go home now," I say to my mother.

I turn around with Ballister's hand still in mine and we make our way to the locker room.

"What was that about, Ambs?" Bal asks me as we enter the locker rooms to change before going home.

"Just my mother being a self righteous bitch- as always," I tell him curtly, still seething from the encounter.

I start to take off my armor and slip out of the off-white and golden body suit.

From behind me I feel Bal snake his arms around my waist, resting his forehead against my shoulder blade.

"You okay, love?" He asks, muffled as his mouth is gently kissing my now bare shoulder blade.

I turn and look at him, his arms still wrapped around me and his chin on my bare chest, looking up at me with those big, chocolate colored eyes.

I let out a sigh and embrace him. We stand like that for a moment, just holding each other, swaying from side to side.

"Why do parents low-key suck?" I ask him quietly, softly planting a kiss onto his slick backed, dark chocolate hair.

"I mean, I didn't know my parents, soo," he chuckles quietly.

We both start laughing fully and continue to embrace one other.

Yeah, parents can suck, but at least I have the man I love more than anything.

That's all the love I need.

It's Always Been Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें