Pt.2 What the Fuckaroonie 🖤🤍

Ballister pov

"Where do I even start?" The man says more to himself. The women gently places a coffee colored hand on his thigh, "How about introducing ourselves properly, hm?" She says.

"Ah yes, yes. Of course," he says. "My name, is Abdullah Naqvi, and she is my wife, Sanji," he says gesturing to his wife, Sanji. "Okay, well," I say "My name is Ballister Boldheart, and this is Ambrosius Goldenloin, my boyfriend."

"You changed your name?" Sanji asks, heartbroken. "To be fair, we're not even sure if he is your long lost son," Ambrosius says. "And besides, all of his legal documents are under 'Ballister Boldheart'."

Abdullah and Sanji look at each other, then back at me. "Ballister?" Abdullah says.

"Yes, that is my name- or, the name I was given when I was turned into the orphanage," I tell him.

"There's no point in putting this off any longer," Abdullah abruptly says.

He takes a deep breath and starts.

"Twenty-three years ago, Sanji had a successful pregnancy and childbirth. She brought a small boy with the biggest eyes into this world. After he was born, I had never felt happier. I had a beautiful wife, and a perfect son.

Years prior, Sanji had unsuccessful pregnancies. But when we had you, everything was complete, I was going to be the father I never had. Everything was beautiful in our family of three. But things in the kingdom started to become bleak. Crime was rising in the precinct we lived in, but we were too poor to move. And this kingdom, the immigration process was like walking through hell.

It was a miracle that we were able to even enter this kingdom, given with how strict the ruler was at that time. So Sanji and I came up with a plan. We were to pack only the absolute necessities, and break out of the kingdom in the dead of night.

It would have been a perfect plan, but the real issue was how we were going to execute this plan with an infant. For the king during that time was very strict, and had knights seemingly everywhere.

But, somehow, we managed to get to where there was an opening in the wall. Once we arrived, we set our belongings down, and squeezed through the opening. That's when we heard them.

A group of knights were coming at us- and fast.

Without thinking, I pushed Sanji through and then myself. Reaching back in through the opening, I grabbed what I thought was you. I was never more wrong. Sanji and I didn't think twice, we had the parcel that I grabbed, and we ran.

It was too late when we realized that what I grabbed was just a sack of clothes, and not you. You were still in the kingdom, wrapped in a blue blanket.

We wanted to go back, find you and try again; but if we went back, we would've been arrested on the spot. It killed us, but we kept going."

Abdullah's voice breaks and he goes silent. Sanji picked up where he left off.

"We eventually made it to the Southern Kingdom, where we've lived ever since. And everyday, we cried, and we mourned. We honestly thought you would have been killed. After some time, we slowly went back to our incomplete lives, and after three years, decided to try for a baby again. Never to replace you, but because we knew we wanted to be parents," she tells us.

She reaches into her hijab and pulls out a photo. Looking at it, she tentatively hands it to me.

Ambrosius gasps, and I stare, shocked. The picture is of a little boy, not even a year old, with dark brown hair, espresso colored skin, and the biggest doe eyes you could ever see.

Handing Sanji back the photo I run upstairs to my room. Quickly making my way to my nightstand, I push around a few things inside and grab an old photo that was given to me by the head mistress of the orphanage.

It was the same photo.

I make my way back downstairs and stand in front of Abdullah and Sanji. Hesitantly, I hand over my photo. Sanji gasps loudly and starts to cry. Abdullah smiles widely. "This," he says. "This photo, we got it copied, Sanji always kept one on her, this one...this one we had placed in your blanket with you."

Ambrosius takes both the photos and holds them next to each other. "It is an exact copy," he mumbles.

"Wait, wait," I say. "You said that you tried again at having kids- did you? I mean, did you have kids again?" I ask.

"In total, counting you, we have five children. You're the oldest, twenty three. And the youngest is twelve. We have three boys and two girls," Sanji says like a proud mother.

"I've- I've got siblings..?" I ask, now fully believing that this couple is indeed my parents.

"Yes, from oldest to youngest there is: You, Naira, Muhammad, Fatima, and Malik," Abdullah tells me.

"Lot of kids," Ambrosius mumbles. I look up at him and see that his jaw is clenched.

Sanji and Abdullah look at him, but Abdullah is glaring at Ambrosius. "What's that supposed to mean," he says. "Simple," Ambrosius starts. "It took you twenty three years to make your way back here, to try and reconnect with Ballister, all the while you've had four other kids."

"We weren't trying to replace him, if that's what you're implying," Sanji cuts in, before the two men get into a fight.

"I'm sorry, but I still don't trust this situation," Ambrosius says. "What if- what if we go to the lab and do a DNA test?" I ask.

Ambrosius stares at my supposed parents and runs his hand up and down my back. "Okay, yeah. That's probably best," he says.

"Shall we go now then?" Abdullah asks, his jaw clearly clenching as he looks at Ambrosius.

"Yes, let's get going," I say, standing up. We all make our way out the door, and as we head to my car I stop Ambrosius by the door. "Hm? What's wrong, Bal?" He asks.

I grab his hand with both of mine and hold it against my chest. "Ambs, please, if these people are my parents, which I really do think that they are, I'm begging you to stop being mean. Please?" I say, looking up at him, slightly widening my eyes, knowing he can't resist me when I do that.

He sighs and looks a little defeated, but smiles down at me nonetheless.

"Of course, my love. I'm sorry I'm being such a dick, I'm just protective of you and I worry about you in this situation," he tells me, caressing my face with his other hand.

I smile up at him, "Thank you, and I understand- it's definitely a lot to process."

With that, he leans down a bit and presses his soft lips against mine, kissing me reassuringly.

"Alright, let's get this figured out," Ambrosius says, taking my hand and heading to the car, where my 'parents' are waiting patiently.

I really do hope this goes well...

Pt. 3 coming soon 😖