𝟎𝟎𝟖

𝐓𝐇𝐄 day of the exam is finally here. Waking up as early as five in the morning, Orter goes out for a morning jog. It is a great way to start his wonderful day and boost his spirit for the upcoming exam. Birds chirping, frog singing, snake hissing, sea turtle dying, y/n singing...

Hold on a second.

"Orter!" Just as he thought his day was going to be all rainbow and sunshine, a wild y/n appeared. There goes his seven minutes and twenty-five seconds of peace. You run and try to catch up with his speed. Panting breathlessly, you clenched on his shirt to stop him from running.

"Good morrow,"

"Morning." he greets.

He stops jogging to let you catch your breath as he waits for you to continue with your morning greetings which usually takes about three minutes every day.

Smiling brightly, you intertwined your hands together and hugged his arm. Your gaze didn't meet his, much to his dismay. "The sun shines bright, and our hearts shine brighter still. A new day, full of possibilities, greets us as the sweet perfume of autumn breeze fills the air."

Orter hums and begins to walk slowly with you attached to his arm like a koala. "It is a day to be lived, a day of hope and renewal. Let us seize the day in all its glory, and let us embrace each other with a smile and a kind heart."

Your morning walk continues with Orter silently listening to your nonstop rambling. Out of nowhere, his eyes caught a glimpse of Granny Healer in the distance. Hiding behind a bush. As if they could telepathically communicate, he shakes your arms that were entangled with his until you let go of his arm.

You frowned. This didn't go exactly as Alex's friendship notes told you.

Friendship lesson #14: Hold hands while walking together can strengthen your friendship by 200%!
e.g.: Intertwined your hands together and take a morning walk.
e.g.: Hold hands and sway them while going to the cafeteria.

"Were you always this intimate with everyone?" Orter's sudden words burst your bubble of thoughts. You look at him and ponder. Now that you think about it, you rarely care about his personal space and would just barge into his life without much thought or care.

Literally, you sleep on him just because he radiates warmth, hold his hands just because the morning air sends a chilling sensation to your fingers, glue yourself to him just because you feel like having a warm hug, wear his clothes just because yours doesn't feel as comfortable, eats his food just because your own does not look as appetizing, and willingly going for a kiss just because you wanted to see him flustered. Seriously, what's gotten into you lately?

You weren't like this before. Even Granny Healer could see these changes in you. Needless to say, she's quite baffled when you suddenly run after her and embrace her in a tight hug after returning to Easton once the exchange program is over. You're not one to commit physical touch, so what's with the sudden change?

"No." Shaking your head, you fasten your pace to block his path. Orter raises his eyebrows and tilts his head slightly. Waiting for you to elaborate, considering that you're now a yapping-a-lot type of person.

"Only with you." You point your finger at him, and an excited grin forms on your lips. Giggling to yourself, you couldn't help but cringe at how cheesy it sounds. However, it only caused the atmosphere to be extra awkward. Orter remains quiet.

"Stop talking nonsense." He clicked his tongue and fixed his glasses before walking past you. You run after him, trying to stop him with your feet until he stumbles.

"It's true though. You are my special."

Then, you continue to babble nonstop. Saying something about how your love is unconditional and hair conditioner should be used before hair shampoo. Though you were occupied with the said topic, Orter couldn't get a grasp of what you're saying as he is still high with dopamine.