Chapter 6

'We're going to a party tonight.' Rafe texts me. 'You're telling me this now? Besides, I think I've seen you enough this week.' I text him back. 'It's Caden birthday today.' He replies, completely ignoring my question. 'Oh, okay.' 'Wear something nice. I'll pick you up at 9 PM.' I look at the clock. I have four hours to get ready. 'See you then.' I reply. He leaves me on read.

I grab my dresses out of my closet. I can choose between a light pink, black, or dark red dress. I grab the dark red dress, holding it in front of me as I face the mirror. I do this for every dress. The dark red dress it is. After eating dinner and getting ready, I grab a birthday card I have lying around. I put a 20-dollar bill inside the card and sit on my couch, waiting for Rafe to pick me up.

After several minutes, I hear a loud engine. I get up from the couch and open the front door. Rafe gets off his motorcycle and takes his helmet off. He quickly scans me from head to toe as I walk towards him. 'Hey.' I say he doesn't say anything back. He gives his helmet to me. 'Where's your helmet?' I ask him. 'Don't need it.' He states. I nod slowly.

After he gets on the motorbike, I struggle to sit behind him because of my dress. Eventually, after some struggle, I comfortably sit behind him. 'Where do you want me to hold onto?' I ask. He takes hold of both my wrists, putting them around his waist. 'Right.' I mumble. We take off at a speed that kicks up dust behind us. I quickly hold Rafe tighter while I cringe at the same time. 'Rafe, you're going too fast. Slow down.' I yell, hoping he can hear me. A weak "fine" escapes his lips. He slows down, we are still going too fast for my liking, but I'll have to deal with it.

We finally arrive at Caden's house. Behind the open gate, I see his house, massive and luxurious. The well-kept garden is decorated with statues and one big fountain, adding a special touch to the neat surroundings. The elegant entry makes me feel like I'm in a movie. After Rafe parks the motorbike, we both step off. After taking off my helmet, I fix my hair. I give the helmet to Rafe, and he puts it in the seat storage.

We walk towards the front door. Rafe slides his arm around my waist once we get inside. The house is crowded and decorated with colored lights. When we walk around, Rafe greets his other friends. While Rafe talks with his friends, I see Caden. I walk over to him, leaving Rafe with his friends. 'Happy birthday Caden.' I say. 'Thank you, I'm glad you came.' My mouth curves into a smile. 'Your house is gorgeous, it's so elegant.' I compliment. 'Yeah, I love it too. Thanks.' He says. I reach into my small purse. 'Here.' I say while giving him the birthday card. He opens the card and smiles. 'Thank you, you didn't have to.'

I shrug while smiling. 'It's my pleasure.' I respond. Rafe walks over to us and daps Caden up. 'Happy birthday, man.' He says while smiling widely. 'Thank you.' Caden replies. 'Sunday I'll pay for your drinks at the bar, alright?' Caden nods while grinning, 'Yeah thanks, mate.'

Caden offers us some snacks and drinks. Rafe takes a beer from Caden while I get some water. When we sit down I subtly grab Rafe's elbow to get his attention. He looks at me. 'This is your first and last beer, this isn't going to be like last time.' I demand. He chuckles, 'Don't worry, love. I'll be fine.' He says. My eyebrows raise a little. 'No, you're going to listen to me. I'm not going to drive your fucking motorbike because you can't control yourself.' I say, while trying to keep my voice down. Rafe stares at me before replying to me, 'Okay, fine.' He says while nodding slowly, clearly, he is going to drink more. I sigh and say nothing.

Here is a small part of this chapter, because I felt bad. I haven't written in so long, sorry guys. I will be updating this chapter later !! ( So the chapter is going to be longer don't worry. )