[03.] You Caught Me? No, I Caught You.

—  " 𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴? "
" 𝓐𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓼 𝓼𝓮𝓮𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓶𝓮? "

It was night time, The moon shines bright. After finally reaching your house, you collapse onto the bed in a state of exhaustion. You notice a letter on your table that had not previously been there. Curiously, you grab the letter and proceed to read it. It includes a rather cryptic message that appears to be filled with a combination of mockery and a challenge.

" How adorable of you to seek knowledge about my identity. I am simply a shadow dwelling in the night, yearning to engage in a little game. "

The letter reads. You tear the letter apart and throwing it to the trash. " Is this some kind of prank? I'm already tired. " You went back to sleep, not caring about the letter.

...

You suddenly became aware of a soothing presence emanating nearby, as the sensation of a gentle, gentle hand caressing your hair slowly came into focus. A whispery, soothing voice proceeded to fill the void of silence with comforting words of assurance that resonated deeply within you. " I'll always be there for you no matter what. I'm always watching. "

?!

You immediately open your eyes, your heart began to pound at a rapid pace, filled with a mixture of fear and confusion. You look around your room, seeking to determine the identity of the individual who had provided reassurance. However, nothing appeared abnormal. Was it really just a weird dream?

Following the previous occurrence, you assembled with the rest of your companions once again. As you appeared visibly uneasy, Dehya hurriedly addressed you, her voice filled with concern. " Y/N? You look quite stressed, is everything alright? " You jolted slightly at hearing her address you, feeling quite startled. " Oh, it's nothing. I'm perfectly fine, don't worry." You return her smile.

" I'll always be there for you, no matter what. I'm always watching. "

The words that echoed in my mind from the dream of previously continued to linger, filling me with a sense of concern and distress.

Diluc approached the group of three individuals in order to make an important announcement. " I have been investigating the mysterious mask that we discovered yesterday. " Wanderer became increasingly interested, as his curiosity was quickly piqued. " Really? " he replied, his expression now shifting to one filled with an eager fascination.

" According to the research, the mask belongs to one of the Fatui. But seems like it didn't include any name or whatsoever. But, it did describe of what the figure looked like. Blue eyes, Gray clothing, Red scarf, that's all I remembered. Something familiar in your mind? " Diluc explain, questioning. Wanderer and Dehya had no idea. " Y/N? " Diluc then turned his glance towards you in hopes of gaining some insight.

" I don't think so... " You speak with a calm but firm tone as you convey your lack of specific knowledge surrounding the character.

Diluc now folded his arms in slight disappointment, his head tilting in confusion. " I was hoping that you would have an idea. Come on, Y/N, you reside in Liyue, and the figure has been sighted near the area before. " Wanderer spoke.

" Simply because I reside within Liyue does not imply that I am knowledgeable of the entirety of the populace. " You spoke with a tone that was a blend of annoyance and frustration. Wanderer displayed a lack of interest, shrugging in nonchalance, seemingly unaffected by the situation.