Episode 4 - Mind Games (2)

Sky's Mind

Stella found herself within Sky's mind, her physical body still with Musa, Riven, and Beatrix. Sky and Stella were both unconscious, but Musa, being the anchor of the spell, could communicate with her.

"Stella, tell me, did it work? Where are you?" Musa inquired.

"Yeah, I think it worked. I'm at Alfea, and there's some sort of party going on," Stella responded. She realized she was in one of Sky's memories—a memory of their orientation day at Alfea—when she spotted a banner reading "The Alfea Orientation Party."

"Okay, remember, no one here can see you unless you touch someone in that memory. Then you become part of the memory, and people can see and talk to you. So, stay away from everyone else and just find Sky. Somehow, make him realize that he needs to remember who he is and wake up from this nightmare. Only then can he break free of the shadow's control. The shadow is stopping Sky from entering his own mind; it's stopping him from remembering who he is. Remind him of that," Musa instructed.

"Okay, I'll find him," Stella affirmed. Suddenly, a drunk girl bumped into her.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," the girl slurred.

"Ricki," Stella exclaimed with a shocked expression.

"Oh my god, hi Stella! I've missed you. Where have you been since the last half hour? It's quite the party you pulled today," Ricki said, clearly intoxicated.

"Okay, I think you've had enough of these," Stella replied, taking away Ricki's drink.

"You're such a good friend, Stella, always looking out for me," Ricki continued. Stella knew Ricki was very drunk that day, hence her sentimental outpouring.

"Yeah, well, you deserve a good friend," Stella said.

"And I have one, you. Can't believe we've been best friends since royal prep, and we always will be," Ricki said before eventually closing her eyes, tired from all the drinking.

Stella ensured Ricki was comfortably seated and then walked away, a tear dropping from her eyes. She was heartbroken to see Ricki's face again. She hadn't faced her since the first year when she accidentally blinded her. Stella never had the courage to talk to Ricki after that. Even though this was all just a memory of Sky's mind and this wasn't the actual Ricki but this made Stella realize how much she misses her.

Back inside the Shadow's mind...

Beatrix stood at the tower's edge, gazing down at the swarm of monsters slowly climbing up the tower.

"How long have you been here?" Riven approached from behind and asked.

"Too long," Beatrix replied.

"You know, you're kind of a hero now," Riven said.

"Am I now? That's new," Beatrix remarked.

"Well, you did kind of save the whole universe from Sebastian," Riven pointed out.

"And does everyone see it that way?" Beatrix inquired. Riven paused for a moment, unsure of how to respond. People didn't view Beatrix as a hero, especially after she had led Sebastian to Alfea, even if she eventually prevented him from obtaining the dragon flame.

"It doesn't matter. If I'm a hero to all those who matter to me, then that's all that's important," Beatrix said.

Riven gave her a smile, and then they turned back to see Musa's plans progress.

"Stella, did you find him yet?" Musa asked.

"Yeah, I did," Stella replied. "He's about to meet me for the first time. We met at the orientation party."