02. 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐫 𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝 has rocked the town

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐫 𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝 has rocked the town. Obviously, they couldn't release the truth to the town about how he was killed during a vampire roundup. That would sure decrease the Mystic Falls population. 

However, this death was a mystery to people who knew what really happened. As far as everyone knew, he wasn't a vampire and had contributed to the plan of killing the vampires. It was also noted that vervain didn't affect him and his son, Tyler Lockwood, had also gone down from the device. 

Caroline Forbes was also in rough shape. She was in the hospital with severe conditions and a low chance of surviving. Also in the hospital was John Gilbert. Someone had gotten into the Gilbert house and stabbed him in the stomach. 

Ruby didn't know what to think about all of this. If this is what a normal night is like in Mystic Falls then she'll happily go back to California. But after seeing Damon, all those old feelings rushed back to her, as much as she tried to resist them. Their interaction had been brief as he had pretty much vanished as soon as she got him out of the building. Weird. 

Now Ruby was making her way up to the Lockwood mansion with Aunt Cindy. There was a wake happening for the mayor and although Ruby had just gotten to town, she thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to pay her respects anyways. 

Clad in a white mini dress with floral embroidery along the neck and hemline, Ruby and Aunt Cindy walked up to the open door, Tyler Lockwood stood outside, greeting everyone who entered. Aunt Cindy went straight inside while Ruby stayed outside once Tyler was about to start a conversation with her. Lucky her.

"I'm sorry, have we met?" Tyler asked Ruby, a smile on his face. She was absolutely gorgeous with her long, wavy blonde hair and ocean blue eyes. She looked like she could be on the cover of a magazine. He wouldn't be surprised if she was. 

"Um, no. I'm new to town. Ruby Vanderbilt," she nodded. "I'm, uh, sorry for your loss."

Tyler sighed, his smile dropping at the reminder of the current reality. "Thanks. I appreciate it."

Ruby sent him another awkward smile before excusing herself to go inside. While usually vampires had to be invited into a house to be able to physically enter, another one of Ruby's perks of her situation was that the rule didn't apply to her. 

As she walked in, she noticed Damon talking to Sheriff Forbes and Carol Lockwood. Ruby and Damon locked eyes for a moment before Ruby quickly looked away and headed in the opposite direction, not ready to explain anything to him yet. 

Ruby makes her way over to the open buffet, pouring herself a glass of iced tea. While wandering around, making small talk with strangers, Ruby noticed someone coming over to her. She had never seen this guy before. He was absolutely stunning. Very toned, tan and beautiful green eyes. Ruby thought he looked like he was from California. Yum-my!