1. Hiding something?

950+ words update

Vote target: 30+ votes

Kesar's POV

I could feel a trail of emotions running through me while seeing the messages via social media apps and emails on my laptop.  

Those messages were not just messages for me, those messages had love, love from my readers for me and my books.

But the thing that was bothering me the most was the event which was going to be held after three months in Spain, to celebrate the success of the best selling authors from all over the world which meant I will have had to reveal my identity. 

I was in my own dilemma when I heard the sound of the knob of the door opening and saw my parents entering. 

"You both came from your business trip? But you were supposed to come after 1 week right?" I asked them with a confused smile shutting the laptop. 

They both smiled at me

"Yes, there was time for the business trip to end but we wanted to celebrate our daughter's achievement as she is on bestselling authors list from 15 weeks!" my mother said.

"Why do they want to celebrate my achievements, when they clearly don't like me writing books at all and want me to take care of their business ? And I can clearly see that they are hiding something from me." I thought.

"So, what do you think?" My mother said taking few steps closer to me.

"Hmm?" I said coming out of my thoughts.

"About celebrating?"

"Kesar, we are thinking that we will go to Canada for a vacation for 2 weeks, so that we can spend some time as a family and celebrate with you by going to your favourite places there like museums, art galleries and parks." My father said gaining my attention.

"I guess I should just go with them, at least I get to travel." I thought and said yes to them.

"Good that you are going with us" He said and took a pause before taking something out from his coat's inner pocket and cleared his throat before saying "Here are the tickets in this envelope of one of the biggest art exhibition that will be held after 3 days." he said handing me the tickets. 

I opened the envelope and saw the tickets, my eyes went wide on seeing the name of the art gallery, I was dying to buy these tickets!

"How did you managed to buy these? I searched on almost every site on with the tickets were selling it, but it was not available anywhere? I blared. 

"Hahaha" They chuckled lightly.

"Think of it as a gift from us" My mother said. 

"Now, go to sleep, it is already late and we will be going to sleep." My father said and they both left the room closing the door. '

I squealed in excitement. 

"Finally! I got the chance!" I said and brought the tickets close to my heart and plopped on my bed behind closing my eyes, feeling good. 

Soon, I drifted into sleep. 

NEXT DAY 

I was packing my bag as we had to leave tomorrow early morning. 

"Kesar, let me help in packing your bag" My mother said entering in the room. 

She came and started neatly folding some clothes. 

After some time she asked "Umm, Do you like someone?" 

"Why are you asking this?" I was kind of suprised and confused at her questions.

"I mean, I am your mother and you have lived so many years far from us in Europe, so I think I should know about you and as a daughter, you should always tell everything to me." She said. 

Hearing her I remembered those memories and those words...

"Why are you always crying about things? It is so annoying" 

"You know what Kesar, don't you think that you should let your mother leave alone when she is trying to relax, and here you are giving me more tensions"

"Why are you like this?"

"No one wants to talk to you in school? And your friends do not prioritise you? So what? It is your problem not mine." 

"You have to handle our family business in future, you should focus on that, not on playing these guitars."

My 15 years old self listened these from her mother and now my 25 years old self is listening that 'why she should share everything with her mother' from her mother. 

"This is ironic. When I needed her the most she told me that I will always be there with you, but in real she was never there, and now it is more hurtful when she is saying 'as a daughter, you should tell everything to your mother', I hate this feeling when people give false hopes" I thought. 

"Just get straight to the point." I said 

I was really getting anxious now remembering all those things. 

"See, I will not beat around the bush and just get straight to the point, I mean, your father and I are happy that you are doing pretty well in your writing career and we also know that you will take care of the business but you are not ready yet." She took a pause. "So, we have thought something for you and you will get to know when we will be in Canada." She said and stood up and walked towards the door. "But I and your dad want to know if you like someone." She said before leaving the room. 

I was completely sure that they were hiding something from me and were planning something to do something, so that, I could take over the business earlier. 

"Will see, when it happens. But, I will visit the art gallery at any cost." I thought being determined about visiting the art gallery.

Hi! This was it for Chapter 1!

How was the chapter don't forget to leave your reviews 🥹🥹 (either in comments or on my Instagram story)

Follow me on Instagram for spoilers and updates. @ataraxxiaa_

Love you all and stay tuned! 🤍🤍